Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Postby mhnso » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:43 am

Mattal1958 wrote:mhnso, what...is my post invisible?

McCartney NEVER does this?

There are two examples (of many, actually) where he sure DOES do this.

Never say never-of course Paul of and then changes arrangements but mostly -in all honesty-he does not. Paul is a great stage persona but actually mostly play it "safe" live, the same set lists over a tour, arrangements fairly close to recordings and similar routines. nothing wrong with that but Dylan for instance has changed his arrangements over three decades, changes set lists most every night and many frustrated concertgoers might not be sure what songs they are actually hearing.
Paul live is more of an entertainer than performing artist. For a short while -when Wings started it was different-he din t wanna play beatlsestuff and solo/wings stuff were spare. I witnessed them live during that period and it was awesome. Don t think Paul ever will change his patterns live apart from one of things
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:30 am

but he should....he needs to stop being the entertainer he thinks everyone wants...and start being the artist we all know he can be
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:00 pm

I agree whole heartedly with Mr. H. Again, I say, who will write MPL and make that suggestion?

Hmmmm. Yes he wants to play it safe but if he did only a handful of the ones he is doing now and then throw in different ones every 3 concerts, just think how exciting it would be for the audience and it would keep his band from getting too blasé about it.

But he won't and mores the pity.

(GIVE GREAT BIG DEEP SIGH HERE)
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby stuart7 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Should he follow David Letterman's example and get off the big stage before his skills deteriorate any further?
stuart7

Postby Mattal1958 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Maybe Letterman should think about playing smaller venues...and do a local cable show.

One of the best moments for both of these guys was when Letterman had Paul on, then they played the top of the LATE NIGHT marquee, just north of Times Square. I lived in Manhattan for over 20 years, and they waited till after I left to do that?
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Four US dates for the summer with more to come:

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs ... -in-the-us

He's going to do the three-hour Beatle show till he physically can't do it anymore. And, you know what? I think that's what he should be doing. I'm fine with it now. I know he's never going to do Ram in a theatre or something like that. If his goal is to keep playing so people can see a Beatle sing all those great songs, that's fine with me.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Me too.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby MarthaMyDeer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 am

he should do more!
MarthaMyDeer

Postby bravefan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:54 am

The bottom line is that Macca is going to do whatever the hell he wants. I get that. The down side is that his voice is getting worse with the strain and will continue to do so. At his age I don't know how much rejuvenation can even take place. I'd much rather have fresh music while he still can. How many more new CD's does he have left? The touring schedule he's had is for a much younger man but I give him the credit for having the energy to do this. I just prefer the creative side of making new music. I've enjoyed most of NEW as well as has most of you. I guess maybe I'm being selfish for wanting more but the shelf life for doing this is limited. This is the stark reality of the the question asked. Blast away!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby deliman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:16 am

Not until he plays my town in July--first time ever
deliman

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions