Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Is it time for Macca to slow down-live?

Postby mr h atom » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:41 pm

AND......and...it'd be less strain on the VC's... :ymapplause:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 am

mr h atom wrote:AND......and...it'd be less strain on the VC's... :ymapplause:

True - maybe he should stick to instrumental music. How about the longrumoured guitar concerto for instance
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby blmeanie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:23 pm

mhnso wrote:
mr h atom wrote:AND......and...it'd be less strain on the VC's... :ymapplause:

True - maybe he should stick to instrumental music. How about the longrumoured guitar concerto for instance

Maybe he could just come out and wave :evil:

Or maybe a recording of him waving to all the fans that want him to ease down his load
blmeanie

Postby Mattal1958 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:05 pm

I was listening to an old interview of John Lennon and he was talking about how the Beatles were sick of touring. He mentioned that they had heard that Elvis, instead of touring himself, was sending his car on tour. Lennon and the others thought that was great. They didn't do anything similar, though. But, they DID record Sgt. Pepper.

Maybe Paul could put his old Land Rover, Helen Wheels, out on the road...

"Glasgow town never brought me down when I was headin' out on the road..."
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:24 pm

:roll:

...egads...!!!
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Someone recently posted Paul's 11/18/13 show in Tokyo on Youtube. It's not a professional job; just a fan's recording, but it was pretty well done and the sound is amazingly clear. It's really entertaining and a testimony as to why Macca should go on performing for the time being. The band sounds great and his voice is in fine form. And here, what with it being a bootleg and all, we get an unvarnished version of a McCartney gig, meaning there's no redoing any shaky vocals after the fact, none of that. Of course we'll never see the man at his all time peak again, but what we have is evidence of a seventy-one year old man sounding fantastic! And some of the songs chosen were really fun: "All Together Now", "Another Day" (which he nailed), "My Valentine", "I've Just Seen A Face" among others. Also "Here Today" (nailed that one too) and several from New were very well done. So I vote he continues touring if he likes...for now. I agree with those who say he should choose songs that feature his lower register more, as he clearly still has a lot of vocal power there.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:32 am

double egads...

few, if any, have called for him to stop touring...heck, even the thread title doesn't call for that, now does it ??

i'm happy that you found that most of his voice held...on the lower register stuff...

seems few of us have had trouble with him singing that stuff, either...and that has been the gist of most of our thoughts on modifying his touring, right ?
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Mr. H,

Yes, right and correct. I would like him to continue touring but lower the register. He did it on KOTB and there is no reason he can't do it with "Can't Buy Me Love", "Band on the Run", "Golden Slumbers", etc. He did so on his Unplugged Album, at least I THINK he did.

Continue touring, taking time out to rest the voice, and bring it down a notch or two.

I repeat it, who is going to write MPL and suggest this? Better yet, someone write Brian or Rusty or Wix and suggest it to them. Who knows.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mattal1958 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Girl4, not to quibble on small minutia, but, actually, on KOTB, we see exactly what his strengths and his weaknesses are. When he tries to sing in a higher register, it's weak. It's effective on some songs, but not on others. However, when he sings in the lower register ("My Valentine," "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive," "Get Yourself Another Fool"), he nails it.

All told, he probably sings in the higher register MORE on KOTB than not...but, the voice is definitely stronger, more in control, richer when he sings lower.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Well said, Mattal.
Mr. H, just so ya know, I never called for our kid to stop touring, in fact I was saying the opposite. Your response seemed a bit ambiguous in it's meaning and I just want to set the record straight.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions