Next in the Remaster Series

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Next in the Remaster Series

Postby oobujoobu1971 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:40 pm

So, with New doing well in the charts across many countries, I'm hoping that Paul/MPL will take the opportunity to strike while the iron's hot and get the next instalment out maybe early in 2014.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, and perhaps a prediction of which album will be next? I would be surprised if it's not Venus & Mars.
Twitter - Tweets from The Beatles 50 years ago today - https://twitter.com/#!/BeatlesAt50
Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/OobuJoobu1971
oobujoobu1971

Re: Next in the Remaster Series

Postby DigsY2K » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Although anything he picked would be welcome, He obviously skipped Red Rose Speedway and Wild Life and those two should be next. Both have more than enough unreleased material and he'd be caught up, he should go chronologically anyway
DigsY2K

Postby mhnso » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Next ones will be Venus and Mars/at the speed of sound. After that Tug of war/ Pipes of Peace .
Those releases are rumoured For spring 2014 release. According to the same(initiated) rumours Giles Martin works with the Tug of War thing. Some great unreleased tracks have been found. Let s hope those rumours are true.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Yeah, I hope you're right Mhnso. Let's hope too that they ramp up efforts to get these things cranked out a little faster. I'd like to hear them before I die of old age. I still don't understand what takes so long. It took, what, four years to remaster all of the Beatles albums? And they all came out on the same day!
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby oobujoobu1971 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm going to predict a late March announcement of Venus & Mars being released mid May.
Twitter - Tweets from The Beatles 50 years ago today - https://twitter.com/#!/BeatlesAt50
Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/OobuJoobu1971
oobujoobu1971

Postby james1985 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Venus and Mars/Speed of Sound double act this summer?

That would complete the ones that have been on the 'coming soon' card since BOTR (back in 2010!).

I heard/read somewhere it's Tug of War after that, but I can't remember where. I'd like to see them do the 70s first. If Wildlife doesn't get the big media re-appraisal and love shower it deserves I will be a grumpy beatlemaniac!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:00 am

I'd like to see WILD LIFE and RED ROSE SPEEDWAY, myself. Not sure how much Wild Life material there might be, but the rehearsals of the early Wings lineup that surface on YOUTUBE and other places are pretty kick ass.

and there HAS to be tons of live material of early Wings between WILD LIFE and RRS Paul could put on as bonus material.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:55 am

Mattal1958 wrote:and there HAS to be tons of live material of early Wings between WILD LIFE and RRS Paul could put on as bonus material.

I guess we'll likely see more of the tape they pulled Eat At Home/Smile Away off of for the RAM reissue
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:12 am

Bonus CD guesses for VAM and WATSOS:

VAM
Junior's Farm
Sally G
Lunch Box/Odd Sox
My Carnival
Walking in the Park With Eloise
Bridge on the River Suite
V&M/Rockshow/Jet (Cow Palace)
Spirits of AE (Cow Palace)
Medicine Jar (Cow Palace)
Call Me Back Again (Cow Palace)
You Gave Me The Answer (Cow Palace)
Magneto (Cow Palace)
Listen...Man Said (Cow Palace)
Letting Go (Cow Palace)

That's a bit long compared to what they've given us so far, so maybe they'll lose Spirits and Medicine Jar....

Eloise and River Suite should really be on VAM and not SOS if they're keeping to how they've done it before (with Little Woman Love on RAM, for example)

WATSOS
Let Em In
Time To Hide
Silly Love Songs
Beware My Love (all from Cow Palace)
Soily (from One Hand Clapping, maybe?? – or should that be on RRS?)
Did We Meet Somewhere Before (does this fit the right time?)

Looks a bit thin, so they might carry a couple of Nashville things over.
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm

I hope you're wrong, James, I've seen enough live material from the Wings Over America period! There must be some 'Beatles Anthology' type of tracks laying about that would be far more interesting and fun. I would much rather hear early takes of well known tracks, alternate versions when available and demos of unused songs, again, ala 'Beatles Anthology'. I would love, however, to hear those early, raw Wings recordings.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions