Official bootlegs coming Monday!

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Re: Official bootlegs coming Monday!

Postby efghijiloveyou » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:39 am

Oh, I agree Mattal. I bought "Got to Find My Baby" and "A Shot of Rhythm and Blues" because I thought they were superior sounding.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 am

I've "acquired" it, but I've not been through it properly yet. Just glad to have a lot of new stuff.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:44 am

"Got To Find My Baby" is, as George Martin has been known to say, "the bee's knees!" That thing rocks!
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Given this a proper listen today. I mean, what more can you say about the Beatles in 1963? The hardest working band of all time? The amount of gigs they played, all these radio performances, all the great songs they wrote and recorded. It's just phenomenal. They peaked before they reached America! I'd say this, the BBC CDs and the Washington Coliseum show is all you need if you want to see/hear the Beatles live. It's just phenomenal.

There's a version of Long Tall Sally on here that just kicks. It's played at about a million miles an hour!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:28 am

Yes, James1985...listening to it now...that thing kicks tail! How Paulie was able to sing like that and play the bass as well as he did...fantastic perf by the whole band, clocks in at less than 1:50, too!
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions