What triggered you into Mccartney?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: What triggered you into Mccartney?

Postby Mattal1958 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 am

Girl4, I have heard (again, having lived in New York, and worked in fancy schmancy CPW co-ops, I was probably, by lucky circumstance, a bit more privy to things most "mortals" aren't) that Paul is exceedingly more outgoing and fan friendly than John was. One of my bosses who had worked on Park Ave. at one time remembers Paul moving in to his building for a short time, and he was extremely congenial, autographing things, chatting up the staff, etc. However, he was CHEAP as a MF. His words, not mine.

John, on the other hand (and, I guess, by extension, Yoko), was exceedingly GENEROUS to staff and workers.

Go figure.
Last edited by Mattal1958 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:05 am

One Word: Beatles.. :-D
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Ed Sullivan Show - Feb 9, 1964 - 1st song - "All My Loving". He's been like a family member ever since then. I was devastated like every Beatles fan when they broke up and thought it would never be the same. Then I heard Uncle Albert on the car radio for the first time and realized Paul was here to stay!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

Postby EddieV » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:27 pm

ComeOnBrotha wrote:Ed Sullivan Show - Feb 9, 1964 - 1st song - "All My Loving". He's been like a family member ever since then. I was devastated like every Beatles fan when they broke up and thought it would never be the same. Then I heard Uncle Albert on the car radio for the first time and realized Paul was here to stay!

Would have been great to experinced that. I wasn´t even born :shock:
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:44 pm

I remember it well. I also remember my Uncle Vin, sitting in his chair in front of the TV poking fun at them. I didn't see the humor. I just heard and saw something amazing. Even at the age of 6!
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Fortunately, my dad never made fun of them EXCEPT when they would use a double negative. He disliked people who used improper English. My mom, on the other hand, thought they were good. Her favorite song was "Come Together". But my dad did like "Mull of Kintyre" ONLY because of the bag pipes. He LOVED bag pipe music. He didn't even know Paul had written the song. I played it for him and he didn't recognize it. HAHHAA!! Shows to go you.

The things one remembers.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions