What triggered you into Mccartney?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: What triggered you into Mccartney?

Postby james1985 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:40 am

Mine was a good old-fashioned brainwashing!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:29 am

That goes way back-way, way back
At the age of 7 1963 I attended a Beatles gig in Stockholm-Royal tennis hall in Syockholm.. The reason i was there was there was that my elder sister took me and she wasn't aiming for the Beatles but the headliners of the showJoey Dee (the American King of Twist and the Starliters!This was the time of this bands breakthrough and my first rockn roll experience. The Beatles were a band I followed all trough the sixties-couldn t afford any records until the late sixties though. I started to really like Macca with Lady Madonna ,Hey Jude and some songs from that period of time. Then came McCartney and Ram-I saw Wings live back in 72 and I was hooked for life. I still remember my amazement when first hearing Mccartney. Man he played all the instruments himself and those wonderful melodies like Every Night-not to mention the weird stuff on it. Then Ram-to this day my favorite popalbum. When I think about it I actually have seen Paul live once a decade for five decades. 1963.1972,1989,1993 and 2004, The Beatles gig I actually don t remember much of more that it was my first encounter with rockn roll. Wings 1972 -to this day one of the best rockgigs I have attendet (and believe me I have ben to a lot), 1989, 1993 was cool because it was the first time he played lot s of Beatles stuff, 2004 was cool because he nailed Helter Skelter.
The thing that always make me return to Maccas music are his melodies- no one in pop music make them like him-and after all this years he still come up with some new great ones. That s amazing
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mattal1958 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 am

Side note to Mr. H: I'm a big S King fan, myself. What did you think of DOCTOR SLEEP?
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:19 am

hey, matts...i'm half-way through...got sidetracked by my youngest going off to a foreign land...iowa...for college...NEED to get back in...twas brillig !!

aww... :oops: the only rock-bottom remainder i've ever been closely associated with is the last drop o' whiskey sneakin' 'round the ice...dang stuff !!

that's ma story, Big C, n i'm stickin' to it
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Mattal1958 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 pm

BTW...I don't want people to get the idea that I do NOT like DRIVING RAIN. I just feel it's inconsistent. Up and Down. Sometimes good. Sometimes not so good.

Personally, I like: "Lonely Road," "From A Lover To A Friend," "Magic," "Spinning On An Axis," "About You," "Back In The Sunshine Again," "Riding To Janipur," and "Your Loving Flame."

That's a good half or more of the album, no?
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Hey Mr. H, my daughter attends university in that same foreign land. :-BD
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 pm

whereabouts, EF ??

i still find it funny...having lived in really bassackwards version of a red-state (Ks. !!), to walk into a Target or a Walmart or even a convenience store and see wine and liquor being sold...
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:43 am

Davenport, Iowa. That's eastern Iowa, near the border; practically rollin' on the Mississippi river.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:22 am

jiminy...ours is near cedar rapids...also towards the eastern side !!

will wonders never cease !!

nice country up there...

heck..it's closer to chicago where she's at than it is to home...by far...

:oops: gotta stop hijacking the moment...cheers , EF :salute
mr h atom

Postby chris » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 am

I'll be diving thru the Quad cities shortly...as I do so often. Visiting my wife's family for the holidays. I'll be sure to say hello while I do.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions