Best 3 consecutive albums?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Best 3 consecutive albums?

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:00 am

can't agree, M...

while EA is labeled as 'the fireman'...it is a far different animal on every level and in every way from the previous two...

heck...even macca hath mused, if'n i 'member co-rectly, it is probably misnomered...

i know i view it as a full-on paul mccartney album as much as any, that's for sure

if we were to utilize that sort of rationale..wouldn't we HAVE to discount any/all 'wings' albums as well ??

macca in/leads this 'group'...or....macca in/leads that 'group' ??

as the richmond/gordman guy used to say...IT'S THE SAME THIIIIINNNNNGGGGG !!!!

but, then again...i AM a macca-apologist of the first order :-D :salute
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:30 am

Red Rose Speedway
Band On The Run
Venus and Mars

is my shout
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:49 am

Right, Mr. H. By these strict "standards" no WINGS albums could be included, which is absurd.

Hell, I'm pretty much willing to call McGEAR a Paul solo album (and a damn good one, at that!).
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm

um...yeah, well...luv-luv-luv 'mcgear', but...

i really hate to diss in any way on mike mccartney...the man made his own way, went his own route...had his own, seperate career..used a different name so as attempt not to trade upon the more famous

have you ever checked out any of 'the scaffold' stuff...or any of mikes others albums, mattal ?

'mcgear' is every bit as much in tone and sound all the stuff mike did as it is with all the stuff paul did...

if anyone were to check out mikes stuff...they''d see very quickly that the 'mcgear' album is not paul mccartney alone...it is a nice hybrid of two like minded artistic souls and only shows the two brothers have alot more in common than just being brothers...and is not just mike deffering to paul...

'mcgear' may be the only post=beatle time where paul comes close to, if not in fact does, work side-by-side, hand-in-hand as equal partners, album length, to a quite nice effect that deserves to be, i think, pretty equally shared

jus' sayin' :salute
mr h atom

Postby glassonion » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Red Rose Speedway
Band on the Run
Venus And Mars
glassonion

Postby bravefan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Got to go with Eddie and Glass on this one.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mattal1958 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Mr H, you're prob right about Mike McCartney. When I bought MCGEAR, I just noticed that the band was WINGS (with new guitarist Jimmy McCulloch-- who I thought was great at the time), and almost all the songs were either McCartney/McGear collabs or straight McCartney ones. And, a lot of backing vocals by Paul. And some solo singing by Paul (on various parts of songs, usually on the fades). So, I guess I just like to "pretend" it's a Paul album.
Or close to being one.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

oh, i fully get that, matts...

it's just that...i gotta give props to THE MAN, mikey Mac...my brother tuned me into 'the scaffold' at the exact same time he played this 'surprise' on me...way back in the day...

once you hear some of mikes other stuff...this album is an easy blend of both he and his brother...still, i'm with ya...the influence of paul upon 'mcgear' should not be underestimated, either...

can't say i'm a huge scaffold fan at all...but its' easy to see where his mindset and pauls mix so well...so easy on mcgear...

i think some of it was, at one time, up on ewetoob...it's a nice place to graze when things get quiet around here...even laz has some stuff up over there...i hear tell a rumor wot it's even better than pauls stuff :wink:
mr h atom

Postby chris » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 pm

while i'd love to get NEW in here somehow...as it has not-so-quietly made itself comfortable in my top three...i'm going to have to go with chaos, MAF and EA. only kisses prevents it from extending paul's best straight 5 albums of his solo career. chaos, being serious and somber, and MAF, being boisterous and fun...are maybe my current favorite one-two back-to-back punch.

and matts is right on once again...he is, like a fine wine, getting better with age.

and...to whomever asked...DR has it's moments...but it's a bit too long (and I never say that about a paulie album) and seems a bit half baked...looking back on it. it also probably suffers, by comparison, by being followed by far superior albums.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tiger » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Mattal1958 wrote:Right, Mr. H. By these strict "standards" no WINGS albums could be included, which is absurd.

Hell, I'm pretty much willing to call McGEAR a Paul solo album (and a damn good one, at that!).

So then why leave out Beatles Albums?

I say the White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be
Tiger

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions