2013 macca central mvp

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

2013 macca central mvp

Postby chris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:13 pm

after reading another thoughtful post by our very own mr h...I thought i'd make a couple of nominations for this years inaugural most valuable poster. this has been a good year, here, at the macca central forum. we've had some strong contributions from some relative newcomers, mattal and oobs, i'm talking about you. efghij has firmly established himself as part of the family (I told you I want the turkey leg). we've had our long lost friend G4 find her way back home to us.

I am always so grateful when james, who has such a sharp wit, can visit. and eddiev...I miss you, brother. littlelambdragonfly, jgkojak, bluebird, cologne girl, 2 of 3, mi and even laz...and so many more have helped build this site to what it is. so many great topics...thought of by you. we can be funny, serious, silly, defensive, argumentative and forgiving...just like a family. I know I haven't named everyone that has made a difference...but that's what the edit button is for.

but this years mvp nominations are.

mhnso...folks, his name is magnus. his thorough reviews and insights of the new album actually kept my blood flowing when I was waiting for the album to arrive. I looked forward to what you had to say, maybe, more than any other poster here. and I have to say...your taste in music...even without paul and the beatles...is a lot like mine. and while I have always been a faithful reader of what you had to say...this year you became my true friend...a part of my family. you are Sweden's greatest export. well...except for a shiny new Volvo, and Ikea. okay...and maybe a nice meatball.

and how can anyone have a serious conversation about this site's mvp without nominating mr h. he's fair. he's honest. he says what he believes and he stands up for what he believes in. he is a shameless defender of paul and his music. and he very often says exactly what I am thinking but do not say myself. and he's funny as hell. I've known him from day one...when he went by the moniker of angry. and i connected with him immediately. it is easy to throw around the phrase friend and brother...but you are both to me. if I haven't said that before...shame on me.

anyway...these are my nominations. anyone can feel free to make their own. and i'm not going to bother taking count. because this year...to me...there are already the two winners I've spotlighted.

merry Christmas everybody. and I thank all of you.

chris
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2013 macca central mvp

Postby mr h atom » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:49 am

aw, big C.... :YMHUG: ..and, yes, you have called me 'brother'... in all the ways that count :-* you sexy hounddog, you :wink:

i'd nominate the most esteemed M...for all the reasons you mentioned...and, of course, YOU, big c...you [i]are the steady hand at the keel..the squinky eye that sights the storms and rights the sail...the master of the dead-on rudder like no udder :-BD

[/i]but i'd be lying (sorry, both M & C... ^:)^ )

for the true honor must go to mike...thru his quiet allowance we get to play in his house...we get to romp...stomp and generally accomplish all the things a rabid, mad-dog beatle/macca fan might wish to in a friends so fixed abode...he is a true champeen of the MaccaMan and a most humble brother in arms

plus...for all the silly, over-the-top things i've pulled...he's never once really called me on the carpet... :D

heavens to betsy, for that alone...i gotta say..i'm sorta partial to his abracadra...

but you all...every one of you..yes, even the beloved Laz :salute are the most wonderful companions a rogue bogey could wish for :ymapplause:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:52 am

I nominate everyone who takes part here- because it s a nice place to be. Some of us have been here For a while now- thats great. Also great with new members. Other forums I have been to lacks the sense of humour and respect for different opnions that exists here. Thanks For the nice words anyway Chris and mr H. And the same to you. Of course a big Thanks to Mike.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:53 am

I agree it is a very nice place to be. People come and go, some stay here. Some great posters here James, mhnso, mr h atom, jgkojak, Chris and a lot of others. Thanks to Mike for having this site..

I wish you all a merry Christmas
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 am

EDDIE V !!

now there's a good, solid vote, too :YMHUG: : not many rock the macca and the PJ's so fluently... \M/

:-D eddies probably still reeling from having two of his faves release from the gate at near the exact same time...kinda like a wonderful, musical sucker punch, huh Eddie ?

....speaking of JG...he's been awfully quiet of late...

what with the New album 'n all...only 'member hearing his sonorous tones once er twice...

hope everythings OK (hint-hint)

...oh, well...maybe the sheer overwhelming greatness of New has him befuddled and, thusly, at an unusual loss of his unique and indispensible musical insight

he's alway been like the flip-side of Laz...a musician who 'gets' mccartney

...'sides...there's no one mentioning the beach boys and/or brian wilson every other day :wink:
mr h atom

Postby jgkojak » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Here I am!
:salute
Reporting for duty...

Been rather busy of late. I should be able to catch up over the X-mas break.

This has been such a fantastic year for Macca fans, New, Mark Lewisohn's book, Beatles at the BBC #2. Wow.

As always, Macca Central has been the first place I go to talk about NEW Macca music. SO thanks to Mike.

And Mr H... he has been THE poster of the year. He has really kept the discussion rolling.

So Mr. H... Let Me Roll It To You...
:cheers
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 pm

:shock: moi ??

:lol: poster child of wackiness is more like it , JG !! :-D

very glad to hear all is good... :salute
mr h atom

Postby chris » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:10 am

I've seen you popping up here and there, jg...so I knew you're okay...but it's still nice seeing you here.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 am

I gotta say Mr. H and Mhnso are quality nominations, Chris and for my money you can add yourself to that list as well. I always look forward to seeing what everyone has to say here and you three are at the top of heap when it comes to that. As for being one of the family, well :cry: ...gee thanks. I'm so very glad to be able to go to a place where there's intelligent conversation with real fans.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:50 am

Aw, you're all superstars in my eyes. Even though, in my lurking hours, I've seen some of you inhabiting other ecosystems for your Beatle build-up :wink:

But I tell you what, we haven't seen the host with the most round here for a long old time....
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions