mhnso wrote:Bach to topic again I would like to explain why I find Macca to be one of the best- if not best songwriter ever.
1. His sense of melody is unsurpassed. I find it amazing that this well is not yet dry. He still comes up with those seemingly effortless melodies like say New or My Valentine
2. His words ofte nails the mood of the song. Recently they have also become more personal. Some of his words like Yesterday, Hey Jude, Maybe Im amazed or Silly lovesongs are a part of more peoples lives than any other songwriter I can think of.
3. He is the undisputed master of the middle eight
4. Noone within pop world can weawe together different patterns and melodies like him. In that way he is a true composer
5 He can still ages 71 surprise us with a great song that really doesn t sound like anything he s done before - Hosannah is proof of that
6. He has written some 200 songs that have made the charts- noone ever going to beat that
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests