Why Maccas lyrics are underrated.

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Why Maccas lyrics are underrated.

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Mr. H.

SHOOT! I had to look up the word "disingenuous". Yes Laz you have. Straightforward. You have not. You keep doing the old dance called "The Side Step". Frank yes. Candid yes but not straightforward.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:35 pm

admit it, laz...the only way you knew how to spell disingenous was by copying me :-D

hmmmm, g4...can't even use 'candid'...no...

canny...as in 'he's a canny sort of ...liar...isn't he'....i like that... :wink:

look...we all love laz...we are all, i'm sure, amongst his best friend...and, let's face it, with an ego like that...possibly only friends...

and best friends are best because they'll put their proverbial arm about your shoulder, give you a slight hug...look in you in the eye...and honestly and realistically tell you the absolute truth when needs be...

i certainly have no wish for laz to do exactly what he did each and every other time he's got caught running about with his knickers all akimbo...which is run away...

i think laz should stick around but transform into the better human being brother chris and the big M are continuosly attempting to draw out of his trollish, ego-ridden shell...

after all...most trolls just are lonely little buggers who just want to come out and play with all the wee kiddies...

he needs to use his (by his own, repeated admission) underdeveloped talents to play creatively not destroy...

and STOP passing the buck when he's caught doing the faux literal full monty

several posts on...he still has not posted even one song of his that is as good, or better, than mccartneys best ever...and i've never even identified what that song might be...kinda makes him look even sillier when you think of the wide open field he chooses not play upon...

once again...epic failure for the worlds greatest living songwriter

now who's underrated ????
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:28 pm

you know, your honorable h-ness...you're right. all of it. maybe magnus and I were trying to coerce some sort of...reason...from old lazzie. attempting to tap into his unselfish being by allowing him his opinion...but not making this...or any thread, really...about him. but when he turns and says the conversation is about him...because we made it about him...well...

I can't...and won't dispute what you say because it is spot on. but...this being the holiday season...I will continue to take it easy on our blunder from down under. i'm hoping he can see the error of his ways...and contribute to these fine threads and respect their contributors...by keeping to the topic at hand. what better time to have warm fuzzy feelings than this time of year.

I know you have it in you, lazenby. put forth some effort. show some respect for this site and it's posters. and don't let those down that tried to afford you your own opinion...before we were hijacked by it. I expect you to at least try. do you have it in you?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:54 am

actually...i do do, too...that is...hope he comes to his senses...IF that is at all possible

but CLEARLY being nice and even giving him even a minor nod about his any of his points, especially when compared to mccartney, only feeds and enflames an already ginormous ego...and the whole thing spirals off in directions no sane human should tred...

and i've kinda had enough...don't wanna put up with anymore...no...no...no...no-no-no

having said that...i've thought, lately, that the reason mccartneys' lyrics are underrated is that they are sneaky...they do things...move around...seem to say one thing, mean another...he's a crafty wordsmith who, thru talent, manages to illustrate a whole lot with, often, a little...almost like he took his writing lessons from a journalism class...who-what-when-where-why...and right to the point...

and he has an ease of using tonal motiffs to add, even highlight, flourishes that further focus the direction he wishes to make sure we, the listener, travels...

:-D

in short...he's one of the best painters the world of music has ever had !!

\:d/

laz ? i'll give him this...he's kinda good...at stick drawings X_X

but, hey ! look how famous the cavemen are for that :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:23 am

When I critice something it s the posting I critizise not the person behind it.- Laz makes this hard bringing his person into the discussion the way he does. Still I stick to Chris and mine - more gentle way of putting things. And in My previous postings I put Lazarus musical efforts next to Maccas for comparison. That s what Laz wanted. And I don t really want to
mock anyones ambitions but....the way Laz intriduced his stuff begged for it
And Lazarus- you know this very well don t you- really
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:03 am

Mr H. Explain how I am a liar. Instead of making wild claims with no actual evidence.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:31 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:Mr H. Explain how I am a liar. Instead of making wild claims with no actual evidence.

Can t speak for mr H here Laz- but I interpret his writing that he don t believe you when you claim your dissing of Maccas abilities and hissing of yours- wasn t a deliberate way of getting attention and somewhat create mayhem here. I dunno about that but if those are your attentions you surehave suceeded. Thing is Laz- the reason I and some others like to be here is because the friendly tone- rather unusual for the internet. That doesn t mean we always agree. What you really should try now is back just a little bit and admit that- no matter what others here has Said- your postings are part of the problem caused. Frankly I don t care s-t what your choice might be but this discussion ruins the general mood here- think about it.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:37 am

I can admit part culpability to the mayhem. Though responses that attempt to undermine my credibility which is just as valid as anybody elses in this arena, through means of character assassination(which is sociopath behaviour), seem over the top reactions to my opinions.

My opinions may seem over the top and ridiculous to many, but my opinions they are. To need to react in such ways as mister h and others just seems... Unwarranted at best.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:48 am

Can somebody link me up to this 'Dance The Do' that Mr H thinks is so bad yet better than any critic could do?
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:I can admit part culpability to the mayhem. Though responses that attempt to undermine my credibility which is just as valid as anybody elses in this arena, through means of character assassination(which is sociopath behaviour), seem over the top reactions to my opinions.

My opinions may seem over the top and ridiculous to many, but my opinions they are. To need to react in such ways as mister h and others just seems... Unwarranted at best.

People react the way they do - thats a fact. Good thing though that you finally admitted your writings part of the problem here. And Laz - some of your opinions doesn t only seems to be over the top- they are over the top. But you are of course entitled to them. But My advice to you is still to calm down a bit when it comes to show your entusiasm about your own talent. At least if you got no better proof than the samples you posted on You Tube. But that s My opinion but it would surprise me à lot if there are all that many people WHO-claiming from your samples even would think about comparing your songwriting skills with Macca. Or any other renowded songwriter. My opnion of course.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions