Why Maccas lyrics are underrated.

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Why Maccas lyrics are underrated.

Postby mhnso » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:13 am

Of course one can like Laz and many others here have different opinions about things. Thats not the problem here. I t s the somewhat provokative,sweeping and dishonest, circular way of discussing the matter that p-d me of . But that was yesterday . Don t think anyone here deals with'' everything Macca does is great' thing . But frankly it is no better that in post after post claim that everything Paul has written postbeatles is bad or lazyon a site like this.
Laz- why not admit that your way of presenning things are part of the problems that occured here. Then we can move on to other topics in à friendly way. If nOt its your choice and I can deal with that .
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 am

How am I supposed to broach the subject of my opinion of McCartney writing without it ruffling feathers?
But yea I'm done with it for the most part now. It's out of my system. :-)
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:21 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:How am I supposed to broach the subject of my opinion of McCartney writing without it ruffling feathers?
But yea I'm done with it for the most part now. It's out of my system. :-)

Of course you must feel free to criticise the things in Maccas legacy that you feel the need to. As Chris stated before we all know that some of his lyrics might not be up to the standard of his music. But my point with this thread was to point out the fact that a great deal of his songs actually- imho- have rather strong lyrics that together with the music communicates with me in a good way. There is colours between black and white. And anyway it s just popmusic and entertainment nothing really serious. By the way - I wouldn t change a note or a world in Maybe Im amazed - a song that I think belong to the best ever. To alter that would be like paint a mustache on Mona Lisa
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:46 am

I don't like Chaos and Memory and Kisses but I don't go around saying the lyrics stink or suck or whatever. I just say I don't like the albums and go on my merry way. You don't Laz, you have to go on and on and on about it. So some of his lyrics are not up to par, so what? Not all of John Lennon's lyric were up to par either but everyone seems to think he walked on water now that he is dead and gone. NO ONE WRITES THE BEST LYRICS ALL THE TIME.

I guess my little pea brain doesn't understand why someone has to drone on and on about something when there is no basis to back it up, only that person's word. That your lyrics are just as good or better than McCartney's. Like I said, when you have an album on the charts that is selling, then you can say things like that. But until then, well . . . . .
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Girl4Beats wrote:I don't like Chaos and Memory and Kisses but I don't go around saying the lyrics stink or suck or whatever. I just say I don't like the albums and go on my merry way. You don't Laz, you have to go on and on and on about it. So some of his lyrics are not up to par, so what? Not all of John Lennon's lyric were up to par either but everyone seems to think he walked on water now that he is dead and gone. NO ONE WRITES THE BEST LYRICS ALL THE TIME.

I guess my little pea brain doesn't understand why someone has to drone on and on about something when there is no basis to back it up, only that person's word. That your lyrics are just as good or better than McCartney's. Like I said, when you have an album on the charts that is selling, then you can say things like that. But until then, well . . . . .

I like your down to earth -matter of fact postings a lot. Thakns for being here and bringing some sense and perspective to this site. ^:)^
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Rankings of the moment, with a few changes:

Early Days
Alligator
On My Way to Work
New
Appreciate
Queenie Eye
Turned Out
Hosanna
I Can Bet
Scared
Road
Get Me Out of Here
Everybody Out There
Save Us
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

Postby mr h atom » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:00 pm

hi, G4...how ya doing, chick ??

well, i thought i'd do something no one else will...so, pull up a rocker...let's sit on yer porch...and gonna answer your post...honestly...'cause laz is pretty much incapable of doing that

....and the rest are by far too nice to do so...

see...laz is a liar...a flat out, umitigated, soulsucking liar...he has no real talent (and he knows it) that any respectable creature could appreciate...and because of that, he feels the needs to, as someone recently put it, be our troll...

but that is really all he's good for...

he's been a compete liar from day one, all those years ago...he came to us with scathing reviews of macca albums...

then it became clear he'd never, ever heard any of them...true story, that...

true, once in a while he'll drop in...from time to time...and offer glimpses of something you and i might call sanity...

but, more often than not, it's just to drop the bon mots of bovine fecal matter you've been experiencing throughout the last few days...

and his response this time, just as on every other occasion, when he blows up this much of a stink ??

he begins mewling, whining, crying, ...and, yes, flat-out lying about what he said...what his intentions were...how everyone's misinterpreted him...how we're the bad guys...and he's so misunderstood...

not once in a while with the same repeatative excuses...every time...

see...like every internet troll (and despite all his parambulations about integrity or honesty), he lives to do nothing but stir up trouble...

feeds on it, in fact

...as to the overwhelming greatness and beauty of his artistry ??
the one he claims, repeatedly, is far better than anything macca has done in his entire solo career ??

have you taken the time to youtube his stuff??

i did...it sucks...i mean really sucks...

i mean, the stuff they left off M2 ?? one of my alltime favorite albums ?? all of it is far better than any of the stuff he's posted...

quite frankly...i'd rather listen to vogon poetry than lazs' bumbled 'musical' ramblings..and if you know anything about vogon poetry...that's not a good sign

oh...yeah,...he's got a great excuse for all that sort of thing, too...paul cheats alot, gets lucky...and uses alot of resources he (laz) doesn't have...so his stuff doesn't sound polished...it does, though, if you like your turds polished, but that is about it

no, g4...you expect, and well you should (for it is the norm with every other poster here), to have an honest discussion...even a passionate one, once in a while...you'll get none of that from laz

unlike my good brother chris, i have no delusions about laz and his intentions; despite his protestations, he's a hater, through and through...

i know...i know: it's not nice to feed the trolls, but i can't help but to pull it's tail when it's otherwise occupied...

watch, of late, at it's brazenous while chris and m have backed off a bit...here he doth romp, all slathering untruths like specks of evil mucous...

no...you'll rarely find a better example of trollery...and, if you've the stomach...you can sit back and enjoy the ride...

me ? i prefer throwing harpoons at the slithy humbacked trolls when they come into view...

the others ?? they tend to schmooze 'em into a corner...it's more honorable than i...but, i know that cannot always be done

deep in his heart...laz only seeks attention, and that's OK...and there are alot of great ways of doing that, even here...

but his path ??

it's a darkly lit one...filled with a forest of unreasoning ego and clinging weeds of bombast !!

tread lightly, wee one...and don't ever expect a direct light to shine...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:02 pm

WHOA! Mr. H,

You have said quite a mouthful there and I totally agree with you. But being the person I am and in my performance evaluations I got before retiring, it was written "She does not suffer fools gladly". So I was trying to be nice.

No, I don't listen to others who post their music on a "Paul McCartney" site. Appears to me like they are trying to toot their own horn on a site that is frequented by others and they want their music to be heard. I don't listen.

But you are correct (and so are others), Laz is one person who enjoys misery. He enjoys making others miserable. I personally don't need it. I can do bad all by myself, thank you very much.

But I could not have said it better. Really!! I really could not have said it better.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:01 am

...and, i'm not trying to be mean...heavens no !

i'm just offering my opinion...just like laz...

however mine is based solely upon his words, his deeds and his music...

given the extreme limited amount of truth, honesty, integrity he has so callously projected so often...and breadth (or...lack thereof) that lies therein where it comes to his public 'art'...

and asked, specifically by him, to judge for ourselves...i've taken the long, hard...and let me tell you...very painfull road to do just that...

i can quite honestly say, from my POV, there is far more artistic integrity to maccas 'blue sway' than in all of laz...um...compositions...by far...

certainly there's a 1000% more artistic ability on every level

and since he has completely and utterly failed at every request to prove (or honestly explain with examples) his repeated contention he has a better track record at creative writing...

since he has, throughout all his prevarications, yet to establish that he has even the slightest modicam of the kind of talent mccartney so easily puts on display in, say, even a tossed-off, second hand reject from the New sessions...like 'struggle'...

add in his constant, purposeful disallowal of any sort of a more communal retrospective of his works (he has said there are thousands of songs already written, no? ) for comparison to even lesser mccartney works...

or even having the artistic integrity to simply take his (laz') best piece and post it right there next to maccas best piece...

for all to judge...

and, since he moves to change the groundwork of each and every argument he himself lays out...each and every time he is called out on his chosen form of...er...debating...

that proves, as far as i'm concerned, the a lie that is the crux of his every 'argument'

i've judged enough debate tournaments through the years to know to smell a rat reaching for the nonexistant cheese...

but...it's okay...i'm sure it's all just a huge misunderstanding on my part...just ask him...right after he finishes with his better song/album/life
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:06 am

Of course you re right mr H that Laz is good at creating mayhem. Don t really mind that actually - it s his life.
In real life I have to deal with real troubles or struggle just like anyone else. The reason I come here is because I like Maccas music, I like y all here and it s a place of rest from real life issues. When it comes to Lazarus I don t know him or his motives for acting like he does on this board.. The most positive way of seeing it is the troll-theory -that he is having a good laugh at our reactions towards his postings. The more negative-troubled way of seeing it is that he actually believes his own ramblings about. And yeah I actually - out of curiosity-listened to some of his opus. To say that the singing was of key, the melody nonexistent, the "pianol" ornaments limited wouldn t do these efforts justice. Actually i find it so bad that it was fascinating.There might actually be some kind of strange and raw talent hidden in this jawdroppingl examples. And it sure takes some guts to post it here. but that is just-Like Lazarus said-my opinion . But of course they are valid. To compare this efforts even with the absolutely worst examples I could think of from Pauls legacy still makes Paul the winner - imho of course.
Here is for anyone to compare and make up their own mind-enjoy.
Here is an example of lazarus brilliance Ecspecially like the way Lazarus sing Ho,ho,ho, hoo and his immortal lines"one lazy dog had a log"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzRynBMPXis
For comparisons one of Maccas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrGSa-Asdk

Besides that i ve said what I have to say in this matter.
Last edited by mhnso on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions