Why Maccas lyrics are underrated.

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Why Maccas lyrics are underrated.

Postby mr h atom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:56 pm

dang...but MOST of ya'll're both smart and intelligent..... :ymapplause:

magnificent M :-BD

highly observant, obu \M/

kudos EF :salute

bravo bones :cheers

cheers, big C ^:)^

congrats to a thoughtful set of posts... :ymparty:

yup...not a lazy post among 'em :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:06 am

boney1 wrote:I once read that Dylan writes the lyrics first and than composes the music.
Macca does it, mostly, the other way 'round I think.
Does Dylan has instrumental songs? ?? Maybe you know- mshno- as a true Dylan expert.

This lyric item is an interesting one from an other point of view.
Macca is popular all over the world, not only in English speaking countries.
I think that the french, german, russian, japanese, swedish, chinese, spanish, dutch- etc speaking people for example
not always quite understand what the (english) lyrics are all about...although the learned the english language at school.

Thats why the lyrics "You say "Yes", I say "No" You say "Stop" and I say "Go, go, go".
Oh no.You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello". ( just joking a bit ) could be understood
in ALL countries......by all people, including who do hardly understand english.
He has a lot of songs like that and so I said, they love it in a lot of countries. Singalong junk ehh songs.
Macca is smart..no-one should underestimate him nor his lyrics.

For me its his melody, the bridges, the -song in song- his voice and than the lyrics.U
As he sings "its a tug of war...' that first line, the way he sings it I Know the rest is ok...
Ok, the lyrics must have hand and feet and go phonetic well with the music.
But he does make very good lyrics too, and does it again on New.

I finish with a quote of John Lennon in regard to "How do you sleep"and it fits in this topic I think.

"I heard Paul's messages in Ram - yes there are dear reader! Too many people going where? Missed our lucky what? What was our first mistake? Can't be wrong? Huh! I mean Yoko, me, and other friends can't all be hearing things. So to have some fun, I must thank Allen Klein publicly for the line 'just another day'. A real poet! Some people don't see the funny side of it. Too bad. What am I supposed to do, make you laugh? It's what you might call an 'angry letter', sung - get it?"

John Lennon
Crawdaddy magazine

B.

Yes Dylan s made some instrumentals I would recomend the soundtrack of Pat Garret and Billy the kid for samples of that. Dylan himself claims he is not a melodicist. He picks tunes out of the folk- and blueslore. With that Said he has delivered some great tunes. But as a musician and composer he is nowhere near McCartney. As a songwriter he is- for sure. The two of them are the greatest among the living. But Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Kris Kristofferson, John Prine, Bruce Soringsteen, Brian Wilson, Ray Davies, Leonard Cohen , Burt Bacharach among others are pretty good to. Not to mention Lazarus
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:31 am

Nicely done...again...

We should have...an award...for best poster...

Time to start a new thread...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:04 am

I think you mean best laz joke...
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:I think you mean best laz joke...

But really Laz- with your somewhat selfboostings I actually think you partly asked for it. And I respect your ambitions. But obviosly it stupid to claim writing better songs than Paul MacCartney
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:41 am

"...you mean the best laz joke...'

nope...for that...we got you :wink: oh, wayward one

i watched several of your....musical musings...which is, again, 100% more of an effort than you've given to my simple challenge...

truth ? ...all of mccartneys lyrics, even 'dance the do', are not in the slightest bit overrated in compare

saying your...'talents'...need work as like seeing an ad for some bricks and then claiming you have a nice wall...got more than alot of work to do, there, before you or any discerning, alive...non-hearing impaired individual unrelated to you could begin to claim you're on the same big ocean, never mind the same boat, as mccartney

and, quite frankly...i must say your keyboard style makes linda mccartney look creatively fantastic beyond compare...

aaaaaaannnnnnnd the last time i heard singing like that ?? yeah....two cats were bumpin' fuzzies....

jus' sayin' :-Q

look, Laz: it's great to have aspirations...lord knows the world is a far, far better place to be as much because of all the dreamers who dream of better things...better to try and fail then to not try at all 'n stuff, right ?

but, clearly....from what you love to claim a opposed to what you've posted ? ...what you've shown ??

while you may, and i'm being generous here...possibly have abilities...you've yet to hone even a slight modicam of them into a cogent, musical thought worthy of even your slightest claim...

truth is...no 'artist' need ever knock another artist to make themselves look good...just do it all with your art...it, alone, speaks for itself: you want to paint better than paul mccartney ? start with a palet that does not include ego as the primary color

all what you've shown us, too, speaks volumes, laz...

and, so far...they're empty pages
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:43 pm

I would never knock anyones effort to be creative- it the claim to be a better songwriter than - the possible- best in that area I find a bit odd. Ecspecially when Laz seems to be serious with that statement. Anyway I have not yet listened to Lazarus opus. Been to busy with New, Dylan, Doug Sahm, Aretha Franklin, Beach Boys, Elvis, Little Richard, Louis Armstrong, the Clash, Willie Nile, Emylou Harris, Oasis, Harry Nilsson, Neville Brothers , Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Robert Johnsson and some more. After that I might give Laz a listen
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:42 pm

M ?

i'm shocked !

why settle for the rest when you can savor the best

'sides...anyone who asks for an opinion gets one...and the dude has repeatedly asked for it...opinions, that is

in the meantime...in addition to spinning on 'New'...of late i've had the following up and playing at some point in time within the last month...the two 'let 'em in' cover albums, paolo nutini, the chieftains, lyle lovett, sting, pink floyd, tom waits, the cure, REM, bruce cockburn, elvis, sinatra, miles, big country, depeche mode, los super seven, chris botti, solomon burke...not to mention an overly healthy dose of beethoven, bach, corelli and a more than a bit of public radios' 'a little night music', 'world cafe' and 'music from the hearts of space'...ton of stuff off regular radio, too...these are the artists whose hard work and creative efforts have enriched my life of late...

toss in that i took the time to revisit some well-loved macca lps...MAF, PTP, FITD, TOW, Ram, M2 and RDR since 'new' came out...just to refresh my thoughts on them and/or whether (or how high) i might consider 'New' to be...

i think, being asked by the petulant one to take time out of my life to spin his stuff on is worthy of a totally unbiased, and, as you might see, a very well seasoned ear...

helzbelz...i was being kind...considering...
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:56 pm

mr h atom wrote:M ?

i'm shocked !

why settle for the rest when you can savor the best

'sides...anyone who asks for an opinion gets one...and the dude has repeatedly asked for it...opinions, that is

in the meantime...in addition to spinning on 'New'...of late i've had the following up and playing at some point in time within the last month...the two 'let 'em in' cover albums, paolo nutini, the chieftains, lyle lovett, sting, pink floyd, tom waits, the cure, REM, bruce cockburn, elvis, sinatra, miles, big country, depeche mode, los super seven, chris botti, solomon burke...not to mention an overly healthy dose of beethoven, bach, corelli and a more than a bit of public radios' 'a little night music', 'world cafe' and 'music from the hearts of space'...ton of stuff off regular radio, too...these are the artists whose hard work and creative efforts have enriched my life of late...

toss in that i took the time to revisit some well-loved macca lps...MAF, PTP, FITD, TOW, Ram, M2 and RDR since 'new' came out...just to refresh my thoughts on them and/or whether (or how high) i might consider 'New' to be...

i think, being asked by the petulant one to take time out of my life to spin his stuff on is worthy of a totally unbiased, and, as you might see, a very well seasoned ear...

helzbelz...i was being kind...considering...

Yeah - and an honest opinion you gave. Actually I also have revisited some Maccastuff lately. Wild Life actually is a good album. That albums Magnum opus Bip Bop has some great lyrics that I seriously wonder if our famehunting friend here ever will surpass. Bip BoP Bip Bop band, Bip Bop Bip Bop band. Genius really that shows both lyrical and melodic genius
Bip bop, bip bop band
Last edited by mhnso on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Try to beat this one Laz-true genius

By Paul McCartney and Linda McCartney

Bip bop, bip bop bop
Bip bop, bip bop band

Bip bop, bip bop bop
Bip bop, bip bop band

Take your bottom dollar