Why so many Macca haters?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Why so many Macca haters?

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:02 am

The examples I listed were meant to illustrate the sillyness of others simply rattling off names of songs and that somehow constituting any kind of critical analysis. So I picked maybe not the worst but certainly not the best examples.
Of all Paul songs I can only name maybe one (off the top of my head) 100% that would be on my top 10-20 paul song list. That is Riding To Vanity Fair. I'll have to make a top 20 list sometime in the future.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:11 am

Lazarus
How can only one Paul song be on your top10-20 list of Pauls songs?
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mattal1958 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:25 am

Lazarus, my list was random, off the top of my head. I put NO long thought or research into it, precisely to PROVE to you that, even at the drop of a hat, I can come up with a bunch of songs that show McCartney to be in the upper echelon of pop songwriters.

I really DO think you instigate and argue for the sake of shaking the hornet's nest. If so, you are good at it.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:Once again it seems I've been misinterpreted. Not once have I been disingenuous.

:lol: I'm not going to say this as eloquently as Mr. H. You are full of sh!t. Carry on
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:08 am

the offer was/is there...show one example of a laz song that is as good as the best mccartney song...

...only thing we've heard is more selfserving excuses...more crass, pedantic eruditions...more out and out lies

no one has misinterpreted anything except that we all expect alot more honesty and alot less stupidity

why do so many hate macca ?

because most of them are talentless hacks who can't stand the absolute fact that if you have real talent, work hard, play fair and be true to your heart and your art...you can actually win the game...come in first...just as paul mccartney has since the early '60's...and so they do just as laz has throughout all these posts...tear down, denigrate, obfuscate, lie...

in the end, it's the only way someone who has no real, marketable talent ...or someone who lacks the basic ability to even try artistically create one... can make himself/herself feel better about his or her lack of ability and classless attitude: try to make it seem like the one who tried and succeeded is somehow worse than they themselves actually are

only thing is...on the ground reality shows this not to be the case with paul mccartney at all...working class hero...joins unknown R&R band when R&R wasn't THE THING...works his way up the system with creativity and pluck...pays the dues...works his craft...hones his art...makes it big BECAUSE of a true overabundance of the same...and continues to do so time after time after time...year after year after year...

those are not the 'misinterpreted' arguments laz brought to the table...laz brought the lies...the lies of a lack of ability wherein his was always superior...

the only thing lacking around here, still, is an apology....or the mythical, nonexistant proof of laz artistic life being greater than that of paul mccartney
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:29 am

mhnso wrote:Lazarus

If I was going to make a list. Right now I can only think of one to put on it.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 pm

EPIC FAILURE
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:
mhnso wrote:Lazarus

If I was going to make a list. Right now I can only think of one to put on it.

Hmm weird it seems. So if you would make à top 20 list of Pauls song there is only place for one Paul song. The other 19 are they your songs?
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:53 pm

don't even try, M...

it's kinda like a snipe...ever gone snipe hunting ?

but...you're probably on the right track...truth be told, the other top 19 'paul' songs would all be written by either john or laz

but, then again...we're just all misinterpreting things, right ?

personally think pauls best lyrics are found on 'loup, first indian on the moon' (hey...did he meet buzz aldrin ?), 'front parlour', 'broomstick' and 'lunch box/odd sox'...but what do i know
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 pm

I WAS going to comment but I think you guys did what I probably could not do. I get very emotional when others who think they are better or know more bash Paul. This man has been writing songs since he was 14 years old. Granted, maybe not great songs but songs. He is now 71 years old and personally, I think he has written some great songs. Wish I could write half as well as that. I can write short stories but not lyrics.

If you don't like the man, don't like his music, don't like his lyrics, think he is a "has been" then Laz, why are you on this forum?
Discussions are one thing but you SEEM to make it a personal statement that Paul and you are in the same league when it comes to song writing. I DON'T THINK SO!!

Do us all a favor and wise up. Paul has been around a lot longer than you and if his music is so terrible, why does he sell out stadiums? Why has he received all those musical awards? Putting yourself in his league is STUPID. You are NOT/NOT in his league.

I was not going to comment, was I? Sorry! I get carried away when people bash Paul and he is not around to defend himself.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions