Why so many Macca haters?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Why so many Macca haters?

Postby mhnso » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:26 am

Agree very much with Chris here. What I would like from you Lazarus are not bitter rantings about being some kind of misunderstood/neglected genius or opinions about Maccas capabilities as a lyricist using Driving Rain and Mumbo as examples. Since I have been reading and discussing these things with you for many years I know that you are capable of more. That doesn t mean we have to agree but there must be some kind of honesty in the discussion. Maybe you just have had some bad days because I don t wanna think that you actually lost it and have become some kind of troll that only can repeat the same stuff over and over just to create some mayhem at the board. If that is the case it s sad. The "#old" Lazarus could say things like "the red rose speedway" meddle is better than Abbey road. I still don t agree but it made me listen to the speedwat meddle in a different way -that s the benefit of a forum like this.
Regarding lyrics -well Paul aint no Bob Dylan but he has a way with words that most of the times works well within a song. And rockn roll/popmusic doesn t neccesarily have to contain deep meanings or subtle messages-as long there is a beat and a good melody
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:07 pm

And here I thought we we Having a civil discussion...
fyi, the only reason I have kept on during this thread is that many people seemed to latch onto that talking point.
The real point was to try and explain and possibly have people understand why there are so many macca haters. What the OP was asking, but few seemed to care about that point.
Maybe they don't find macca cringe worthy at all? If so, just replace macca with some other artist that you find his mannerisms or certain songs cringe worthy. ANYway.

To reeitterate I thought we were having a civil discussion. I was trying to divert the subject from myself to macca.
But you do not seem keen on that(chris)

I still prefer the rrs to ABBEYR medley
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm a sports fan and when a team other than my favorite is good or great for a long period of time I find myself disliking said team. I begin rooting for them to fail or actively disliking it's players- for being good at what they do. It is a form of jealousy I guess; MY team's not that good...I'm sick of such-and-such a team always being good and getting their due and my team...well, you get it, right? It's probably like that with people who aren't Macca fans. Why is he still around? How can he still be getting so much attention? How can he still be writing songs and performing? Is he really worth all this fuss still? I suppose it's easy to forget what a profound effect he's had on music when there's been no disruption in his career. And if you never cared for his music to begin with, it must seem like a never ending career at that.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 pm

"and here i thought we were having a civil discussion"

bovine fecal matter...sorry, laz...but that is the single most insipidly stupid thing you've said in...forever....

even takes the cake over the vast amount of insipid and stupid things you've stated...restated...overstated about your talent...mccartneys talents...fame...fortune...success...all of it

you did not...could not have posted any of the drivel you have posted looking for a civil discussion...

you certainly weren't looking for an honest one, either...

i give a great deal of credit to chris and mhnso...they, solidly and politely, stood by and let you mewl, pout and whine...gave you a benefit of the doubt you clearly did not deserve or earn...they showed, day after day, post after post, a greater sense of humility, intelligence and humanity than you still, with your selfserving responses, can manage to muster...they gave you credit for absolutely nothing, becasue that is the only thing you've really brought to the table...

and you repaid that trust and, yes, friendship by repeatedly, sullenly and purposefully besmirching the character of both of them, almost all the posters on this board and that of paul mccartney, who, btw, has done absolutely nothing of any harm to you...

an argument of issues must have all those issues presented upon the table for a concerned and realistic reflection on all facts of the issue at hand...you've brought nothing, each time, but egotistical rantings

"the only reason..."

more, huge chunky bits of that same bovine stuff...not even fluffy floaties...

you came on here to bash...you: the guy who spent oodles and gobs of times bashing mccartney without ever listening to a record...at the time...you'd just read some of the lyrics: give me a break !!

willie dixon may have encouraged some to live the life they love and to love the life they live...and, clearly, at this time, when it comes to being disingenuous...you, sir (and i use that term loosely), are the poster boy for that

:!! ...time to put up or shut up...prove you're half as good as the best macca song...until then =;
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 am

Mr. H said "Paul McCartney has done nothing of any harm to you". That made me think about how Macca does what he does cause he loves doing it. If there are things there Laz doesn't like, who cares? Certainly not Paul. Paul doesn't owe a single one of us anything. If we like his music, we buy it. I don't understand why anyone would focus so much on the songs they don't like and not celebrate the ones they do. Even if there were only a handful of songs from the man that I liked, it wouldn't occur to denigrate him, you know, cause he added something to my life that I appreciate. Turns out there are loads of songs written by Paul that have greatly enhanced and influenced my life in a dramatically positive way. Shame on Paul for doing that.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:39 am

H...i'm going to be honest...you have so many quality posts...it's hard for me to choose one...or point out any particularly brilliant thing you may have said because you seem to be pretty spot on fairly regularly. But this time...above and beyond, my friend. you nailed it.

This...ladies and gentleman...is the post of the year. "...not even the fluffy floaties..."? brilliant. Just perfect. You're a big reason we come to this forum. Keep up the good fight. Don't you dare ever change. And thank you...dear brother. Seriously. It just wouldn't be what it is without you.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:11 am

I don t feel the need to defend Macca- he doesn t need that. His legacy speaks for itself . There are a lot of hateful and ignorant stuff goin on the internet- this place is different-bless you Mike wherever you are.
But Laz your latest postings here goes way over the top when it comes to egomania and dishonest argumentation. But everyone must have the right also to be stupid of and then . Just admit it- that you yourself started this discussion well aware that it would cause reactions. And then we can keep on having à civilised discussion.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:39 am

Once again it seems I've been misinterpreted. Not once have I been disingenuous. And I have been civil towards other users since my short time back, never name calli or trawling their names through the mud. If you disagree with me that's fine I can disagree with you. MrH's sarcasm though and words seem to cross a line of decency. The 'civil discussion' comment was directed at chris(from memory) whom first uttered those two words in succession. I have never once not been civil to the users here in my recent postings. I defy you to retrieve an example of your imagined non-civility.

Meanwhile I've had lots of implied insults hurled my way. Personal insults mind you. If it were my style I would demand apology. But I'd rather let those who have imagined injustices to stew over their perceived slights from myself...

It takes two to tango. If you didn't like something I'd said you all couldve ignored it easily rather than help and nurture it become the focus of my recent postings.
I kinda feel like there's at least equal blame to go around here.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:43 am

mhnso wrote:I don t feel the need to defend Macca- he doesn t need that. His legacy speaks for itself . There are a lot of hateful and ignorant stuff goin on the internet- this place is different-bless you Mike wherever you are.
But Laz your latest postings here goes way over the top when it comes to egomania and dishonest argumentation. But everyone must have the right also to be stupid of and then . Just admit it- that you yourself started this discussion well aware that it would cause reactions. And then we can keep on having à civilised discussion.

If course I was expecting reactions. Civil reactions though.
Lord knows I can say cringe worthy things etc. But once again attacking or criticising a person's abilities as a songwriter is not the same as attacking that person adhominem. Some here can't tell the difference.

Edit: I was well aware that what I say could and would cause reactions. I don't think that means I should be made to filter my thoughts through an always macca-friendly and adulation filter.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:39 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:
mhnso wrote:I don t feel the need to defend Macca- he doesn t need that. His legacy speaks for itself . There are a lot of hateful and ignorant stuff goin on the internet- this place is different-bless you Mike wherever you are.

If course I was expecting reactions. Civil reactions though.
Lord knows I can say cringe worthy things etc. But once again attacking or criticising a person's abilities as a songwriter is not the same as attacking that person adhominem. Some here can't tell the difference.

Edit: I was well aware that what I say could and would cause reactions. I don't think that means I should be made to filter my thoughts through an always macca-friendly and adulation filter.

Of course you are aware of reactions-thats why you wrote it. I think I reacted as civil as i could to the more egocemtical parts of your postings. What really p-d me of what that you used Mumbo and Driving Rain as examples of paul as a lyricist. That doesn t make sense and is not an honest way of discussing. When I and others claims that and give other examples of Pauls the lyricist you don t answer at all. So in some part you are one part of the problem in this discussion.I could give you 20 classic rockn roll songs with lyrics that doesn t mean s-t. Personally I think that Paul is one of the greatest songwriter that ever has lived. That is not a controversial statement -many people think so. I respect your opinion but to claim that you are just as good or better-that is stupid -to say the least
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions