Why so many Macca haters?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Why so many Macca haters?

Postby mr h atom » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:28 pm

B-( ...you go, ggggrrrrrrlllll :-*

better watch out, Laz...she has deep knowledge of ancient secret torture techniques AND is studying mystical spellcasting stuff, too

this girl is scarycool ^:)^
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:34 am

Nobody would hire me to perform anywhere, because I don't play with professionalism nor vocally. And people want to hear things played just-so apparently or it's worthless? .I criticise things and works that is how I am for the most part. New is at the very least good. I rank it higher than MAF but i rank most of his works better than maf cause of the terrible sound quality that nothing can ever be done about. You're asking somebody with no money no resources etc and little or no talent in actually playing most instruments. To write perform record and release works of equal or better quality than a 71 year old with 50 years of experience playing performing writing producing and with 50 years of natural talent for playing various instruments...
Hmmm. Seems a bit unfair comparison to make vs these two extremes.

A more fair comparison would be, look at how good a song/melody/composition I can make with no natural talent nor skill, and how close it comes in melody/lyric/arrangement quality VS this giant of pop-music, considering all this person's(me) limitations. That would be fair.

By that token I am either Paul's equal or better. Just sayin.
Keep in mine I'm a fan of Paul's, and criticise cause I care of the outcome when he releases something.

Edit: had written something else additionally but phone crashed. I criticise cause i care of the outcome and future outcomes.

I was also trying to explain to those who needed explained to why Paul getz hate or dislime from non-fans. It's obviously not the quality of the music itself more, his mannerisms and style with which he exhibits his music. Think of a moment (for those of us who do). That you found cringe-worthy of Paul's..
Times that by a lot anr imagine it happening almost every time you saw him perform or heard a song of his....

This cringing is what i believe most non fans feel all the time with paul.
Last edited by Lazarus_2 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:06 am

Additionally the fact that people like macca have all these resources and 'talent' but choose not to release at least one album of material per year I find quite vexxing. Lord knows if I had the resources and there was interest I'd be releasing stuff a the time. Not once ce every 4+ years.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:38 am

With all respect Laz - what you would or should do cannot be seen as a mark for everyone else. In his youth Macca released new stuff all the time. He is still very active in many fields but give him a break from your nagging now- he s 71 years old for heaven sake. Still would like to hear your oopinions of his new album
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mattal1958 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:43 am

Macca puts out a lot more stuff than most artists of his era do (of course, the ones who are dead might have trouble keeping up-- although that hasn't stopped Elvis or Jimi Hendrix!).

Lots of cringe worthy stuff with Paul. LOTS. But less so in recent years. An example would be seeing him live 37 years ago...then 24 years ago...then 11 years ago...then just a few years ago. He used to make these silly, stupid sound effect noises on stage. Over the years, however, they are all but gone, and replaced by interesting and funny little stories about songs, events, etc.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 am

mhnso, I heard New a lot in the first few weeks to a month of release. Haven't heard it in a week or two though now. I'll have to re listen to give another perhaps revised opinion. Hoho!
When I do I'll likely post it in a relevant thread.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:Nobody would hire me to perform anywhere, because I don't play with professionalism nor vocally. And people want to hear things played just-so apparently or it's worthless? .I criticise things and works that is how I am for the most part. New is at the very least good. I rank it higher than MAF but i rank most of his works better than maf cause of the terrible sound quality that nothing can ever be done about. You're asking somebody with no money no resources etc and little or no talent in actually playing most instruments. To write perform record and release works of equal or better quality than a 71 year old with 50 years of experience playing performing writing producing and with 50 years of natural talent for playing various instruments...
Hmmm. Seems a bit unfair comparison to make vs these two extremes.

A more fair comparison would be, look at how good a song/melody/composition I can make with no natural talent nor skill, and how close it comes in melody/lyric/arrangement quality VS this giant of pop-music, considering all this person's(me) limitations. That would be fair.

By that token I am either Paul's equal or better. Just sayin.
Keep in mine I'm a fan of Paul's, and criticise cause I care of the outcome when he releases something.

Edit: had written something else additionally but phone crashed. I criticise cause i care of the outcome and future outcomes.

I was also trying to explain to those who needed explained to why Paul getz hate or dislime from non-fans. It's obviously not the quality of the music itself more, his mannerisms and style with which he exhibits his music. Think of a moment (for those of us who do). That you found cringe-worthy of Paul's..
Times that by a lot anr imagine it happening almost every time you saw him perform or heard a song of his....

This cringing is what i believe most non fans feel all the time with paul.

this is exactly what makes me nuts about your posts. I don't care if you aren't a fan of his music...or like just some of it. that's what art is. and a forum is a great place to exchange differences of opinions. but the words you choose to explain what you're feeling always seems to be bumbled. earlier...you used "bitter" to incorrectly state something. now...in the above post...you suggest it is unfair for anyone to compare you to him (and you'd probably be right)...then, in that same post...you compare yourself to him (you lose in a landslide).

I think there is a thinking dude in you. with independent ideas that may occasionally go against the grain. nothing at all wrong with that. but the words you choose invite an argument. you are asking...constantly...for a retort. come on, man. how can anyone ever hope to consider you a great songwriter...if you can't even get a simple thought down on a page that doesn't talk in circles?
Last edited by chris on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I agree with Chris, Laz. Sometimes it seems like two different people with opposing positions are writing your posts. How can anyone believe you're some great undiscovered song writer when your own posts spin around in such an illogical manner?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks guys, I could not have said it better.

Laz, put your brain in gear before your mouth (or fingers here) in motion. "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me". FALSE!

Words can be very damaging to anyone, whether us common folk or some big star (Macca, for instance). You need to choose your battles and you need to choose your word very carefully.

Macca fans have their opinions about whether Paul's new stuff is good or not. But Laz ole buddy, you take your opinions to the extreme and then you back peddle on some.

THINK BEFORE YOU LEAP.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:Additionally the fact that people like macca have all these resources and 'talent' but choose not to release at least one album of material per year I find quite vexxing. Lord knows if I had the resources and there was interest I'd be releasing stuff a the time. Not once ce every 4+ years.

Oh cry me a river. You're envious plain and simple. You whine about resources but admit doing nothing for yourself. You think you are in the same league as McCartney? Prove it. Quit feeling sorry for yourself. That's the way you come across and that won't get you anywhere. Claiming Paul isn't a good songwriter just makes you sound stupid. You have no room to criticize and no credibility if you won't get off your own ass and do something for yourself.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions