Why so many Macca haters?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Why so many Macca haters?

Postby beatlelarry » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Paul could fart better melodies than most of the junk that passes for the Top 40 today. No, I mean it. As gross as it may be.

Naturally people are going to want to diss the greatest songwriter on the planet. I mean it's one thing not to care for the new LP, but personal attacks are just jealousy or babyish.
beatlelarry
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lobbybobby » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:52 pm

This thread is like a car wreck. I don't wanna look, but I do. I just wish it would go away. There is a lot of music I don't care for, or even dislike %-( or even hate :evil: or even wanna make me wanna :puker ., but I would never go online and rip someone on a public forum for doing what they do for a living.

This is the last time I look at this thread. see ya on a NEW thread :-h
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:29 am

Eh. He probably doesnt get much more or less criticism than other pop stars.
I'm bitter that he got lucky to be popular, though he did put in serious effort to put himself in a position to get lucky.
He is probably fairly overrated in terms of popularity vs actual quality of output. He definitely deservez his pop status vs others whom have so little talent I could out-create them any day of the week given adequate resources and I have no skill...

youtube/kinnarchimedes
I will probably post from time to time unskillful renditions of little songs i compose. It is still better than most youll hear on top 100 charts.

Back to paul specifically. His strange way of talking and bemused-ish personality makes him easy to hate on. Ive cringed plenty from his utterances and trying to sound cool and coming off looking the fool.
I dont think he's a strong or even particularly good songwriter.
His skills lie more in composition. All in all ppl hating on macca doesnt really matter in the scheme. I dunno. Lost train of thought and probably starting ranting at some point by now....

On any given day I can write better songs than macca,given ample resources, my opinion of course, . Mainly cause I dont think Paul cares or puts effort into his lyric writing, obligatory reference: paul really has to try to take a sad song(lyrically) and make it better, whereas I seem to be more naturally lyrically talented. He would probably need to spend the whole day in rewriting to come close to something i could knock off in a few minutes.

Lool. Ranting again.
And I dont think Paul is that talented melody-wise either.
I am his equal in melody. Nevermind.

He gets hate cause of how he moves about methinks.
He also thinks he's rocking but he's only being beige...

'I want to rock a bit, I want to rock NOW a bit'
(cue beige playing)
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Laz
Nice to see you back here. For some odd reason I sometimes miss your-somewhat different way of looking at things. Selfconfidence is a good thing...so if you think you are a better songwriter than Macca- good on you mate .
Personally I think you somewhat underrate Maccas skills as a songwriter considering his legacy in that departement. I actually think he belongs to a group of maybe 3-4 people I would consider the best songwriter ever. But thats me. If I would put you within that exklusive group I dunno- not being familiar with your songs . Anyway- nice to hear from you
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Laz,

How come you always seem to have to diss Paul? Did you write any of those posted comments?

I have been a Paul Fan since 1964 at the age of 11 and I will continue to LOVE HIM TO PIECES. There is a line, verse, something that says: If you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all" or something to that effect. YES we are all entitled to our opinions but John was not the only "bad boy" in the group. But John was "in your face" more with his views than Paul.

If you don't like Paul and/or his music, then don't listen to it. If you don't like what you are watching on TV, do you continue to watch or change the channel? I change the channel.

So to all those naysayers: SHUT UP YOUR WHINING. Take up knitting, scrapbooking, hiking, reading a book, putting puzzles together. You all have too much time on your hands and you think you are smart when you bash someone who can't fight back because that person has not heard or seen. Come to think of it, Paul could care less about you creeps. Maybe I will go back to Indian Torture Techniques. The Iroquois had a good one.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:08 pm

dude...you're bitter about a beatle being famous? you should really focus that energy on something a bit more useful. tons of legit stuff out there to be pissed about. but you're just wasting some good bitter.

by the way, love your song, lazzie. what is the name of the group again?... oh yeah...laz and the paul haters.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 pm

DITTO, CHRIS.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 pm

I probably wouldn't have been a posting member of this board for so long if I didnt like his music. Some of us just don't see him as some do-no-wrong prophet of musica. We are willing to be harsh critics if need be. It's not a personal insult to criticise somebodys music, nor is it personal admiration of character to praise somebodys music.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 pm

laz, i'll make a deal with you...i'll address what you had to say if you address my words.

you're right. there is nothing wrong with disliking some of his music. and there is nothing wrong with thinking you may write better songs than him. and there is no bonus point system rewarding anyone for being a fan of anyone.

having said that...you are bitter that a beatle is famous? that, my brother, is coo coo for cocoa puffs.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Not bitter perhaps at Paul specifically just the general thing where people get popular in music with little or no talent.
If I can do better then they probably don't deserve musical praise heaved at them.

I don't think this applies to Paul specifically in general but quite a bit of his stuff I firmly believe I can equal or do better. Bitter was the wrong word to use. Something that's 'like' bitterness but not proper bitterness and only in relation to his actual popularity vs what it would be if he was not in the beatles?
Just bitter about the luckiness I guess, but fair enough be put in the hard yards early on to be in that position.
So bitterness is probably not the right word to describe my reaction to this.

So not bitter at Paul.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions