NEW reviews

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: NEW reviews

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 pm

OH! I will continue to hunt down the BLUE album then and forget about this Japanese thing. Tanks mucho.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:28 pm

pot bust ?! [-X

c'mon, C...level with the chick... :-W

it's the one where he sings 'em all in the japanese language 8-X
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

on a more serious note...and one a bit more on topic...after posting a quote from this album on another thread...I have to say...this album may feature the best paul lyrics ever. poignant...personal...deep...and (as I fully expect)...full of paulie metaphors. yep...ever.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:23 am

I like the lyrics, too, Chris. On the surface, many appear to be "silly love songs," but I think there is a lot of double meaning (whether it was intentional or done sub-consciousely) to some of the lyrics, as well:
Everybody else is busy doing better than me/and I can see why it is/they got someone setting them free/someone breaking the chains/someone letting them be

what I'm going to do next/I'll leave entirely to your imagination/I can bet, I can bet, I can bet you'll never guess

we follow blindly/heading for the light/we've got a feeling/it's gonna be alright

well, there's many examples, but I chose some from the love songs. More than just relationship stuff he's talking about, I think...
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bravefan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:56 am

The song Early Days is really coming to the forefront for me. This CD is climbing the list.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:54 pm

There are some good lyrics on the album indeed. Not to mention some great melodies and inventive arrangements. I stick to My original opinion New is one of Pauls very best and consistent albums ever.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mattal1958 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:58 pm

"Early Days" is a classic already. I think it's fair to say that. It's "Put It There" only better.

I've also come around to liking "Hosanna," and I'm actually warming more to "On My Way To Work" than I had been previously.

"Save Us" is sounding better and better, too.

Hell, I'm having trouble finding a weak link on this album. Seriously.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:45 pm

There are no weak links, really. Some songs are better than others, but nothing's weak here to my ears.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:01 pm

you boys are spot on. every song is (at it's weakest) good. maybe real good...or better.

i am not one...ordinarily...to early call an album great. but i think this one is. this has affected me more deeply and more quickly than chaos, MAF, flaming pie...and i continue to learn it's nuances and details...this album is a true wonder.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:21 am

chris wrote:you boys are spot on. every song is (at it's weakest) good. maybe real good...or better.

i am not one...ordinarily...to early call an album great. but i think this one is. this has affected me more deeply and more quickly than chaos, MAF, flaming pie...and i continue to learn it's nuances and details...this album is a true wonder.

And you thought we were overhyping it! I agree. I can't get enough of it. It's great for more reasons than any Paul album since the 1970s.
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions