Guests on the Queenie Eye video

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Guests on the Queenie Eye video

Postby JimQ » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:17 pm

mhnso wrote:
james1985 wrote:Along with McCartney's 15 year renaissance have been terrible, terrible videos (apart from Fine Line). This is no exception!

I don t care much about videos but this one at least got very many hits on the internet(because of the fame factor of course). I guess it s a marketing thing.

As fans none of us cares about the video - it's just we like it as a song and want it presented as well as possible to potential new fans. That's why we'd like it to be better - to grab the attention of nay sayers to his new amazing work. Negative comment about such things (lyrical shakiness, weak videos) generally comes from UK/Ireland /Australia fans on this blog because the anti-paul sentiment in the press here can be quite high (improving, but high!) so we cringe a little more when he's slightly goofy as we see him as feeding the fire (apologies if I'm misrepresenting anyone's views!). Videos can be important - it was the great Free as a Bird video that got me into the Beatles as a kid for example - and I feel I've contributed enough to Paul's fortune for him to buy at least one sheep..
JimQ

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:14 pm

Hey, he's Sir Paul McCartney and ANYTHING he does will be put under a microscope and analyzed to pieces. As fans we just have to rise above it.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby JimQ » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm

You missed my point a little - as fans we have nothing to rise above. I don't sit at home quivering with rage when he gets a bad review - I can make my own mind up. I just want him to have as many new fans as possible, and for the general public to respect him more, as he deserves.
JimQ

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions