Anyone Else Think It's Time for a McCartney III ?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Anyone Else Think It's Time for a McCartney III ?

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Wouldn t mind But right now I am pleased with New. Not sure Macca ever will top this New album.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby boney1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:35 am

I think Beatlelarry has a point about Rusty. When he copies George guitarplaying in the live version of "Something", he does a fine job. It comes very close to the original. You could even think it's George playing with the band. But..when he does the solo on "Let it be" he ruins it always. The original guitarsolos of "Let it be" are a very thrilling part of that song and take it to a higher level. That doesn't mean Rusty has to copy it exactly, but his improvisation of this solo reveals his weakness.
I just can't listen to it.

McCartney III
In 1980 I had high expections about McCartney II. I thought that he picked up where he left "McCartney I and "RAM". I bought it on the day it was available and it left me with a big disappoinment. I played it over and over but it didn't catch me although I liked "Temporary Secretary", "Nobody Knows" and "Bogey Music". With "Tug of War" my confidence in Macca was restored ("The pound is sinking" and "Tug of War" were the healing sounds).

But...Macca was ahead of its time.
When I heard "Twin Freaks" in 2005 it regained my interest. Wow. And for the first time I listened to songs ( extendend versions) as "Mr H Atom", "All You Horse Riders", "Check My Machine" which were not on the album I bought.
In my opinion at this moment "McCartney II" is as good as "Mccartney I"
We should not forget that "McCartney I" has an echo of the Beatles. Do me a favor and play "Momma Miss America".
Especially the guitar bridge in het middle of that instrumental song shows who the genius is.
Play the whole song loud and than listen to his new album "New".

Macca has made a lot of jewels since 1980, you just have to search for it. I'll make my list in another post.

If not "McCartney III" than there should be "Twin Freaks II" if you get my point.

For now I recommend you to listen to the McCartney II sessions
http://maccaspan.podomatic.com/entry/in ... 5_23-07_00
looking through the backyard of my life, time to sweep the fallen leaves away
boney1

Postby mhnso » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

According to link below Paul has a lot of songs he wants to finish before writing new ones. Might be another album sooner than we think. According to Giles Martin 24 songs were recorded for the New sessions and in the liner notes Paul says those tracks will be used sooner or later. There is also half a Fireman recorded already so the goodies might keep on coming
http://www.contactmusic.com/story/paul- ... gs_3920543
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:21 pm

~X( ... =P~ ... :X .... 8-X ... :ymapplause:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 am

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I ADORE Paul but have not been too thrilled with his albums as of late. NEW promises to fulfill my need and addiction for Rock and Roll although I have not heard the complete album as of yet. And all who know me know that I am a rock and roll animal from the 60's and I NEED my rock to satisfy me. But I agree with Mr. H and efghi that most of Paul's albums have been done WITHOUT a backing band. His current band is excellent but I really preferred the band from the 1989-90 tour myself but I am entitled to my opinion.

Why title it McCartney III? Why not titled it McCartney Uncovered. Or McCartney Gems. Or McCartney Songs. Why another McCartney whatever? I and II are fine. Do we need a III? Just saying . . . . LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL!!!

P.S. Mr. H I truly missed your wit and wisdom along with Chris. I thought about you two a lot while I was going through this messy move and being without my life line, my computer. I am glad to be back.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi there
Hope you will enjoy the New album. I wouldn t exactly call it a rockn roll-album to be honest but there are some upbeat tracks on it. Being the sensible woman I know you are and a longtime admirer of Macca i am sure you ll like it.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:14 pm

:? ...sensible ?

G4 ?!?!!!

=)) ...i jus' had milk come out ma nose !! 8-}

wha..??? indian wha ?!?!

oh, heck !!

...i'm shuttin' up now !!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Thank you Mr. H. I quite laughed out loud after reading that. I am not into Indian tortures anymore. I now prefer the subtle art of Magic. That is, if I could get it to work. HAHHA!! No. I no longer revert to Indian torture. I just sing and I sing off key. Or maybe that is a form of Indian torture techniques.

I am looking forward to hearing NEW and I will give my comments later.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby boney1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:51 pm

first said, I like this forum, lot out of the box thinking, funny posts and good feedback, did some posts and like to ventilate my thoughts about an eventually next album of Macca. "MC III"
What if this will be his last? The say you should stop at your peak.
With "NEW" Macca does. That doesn't mean I say he must but for me it would be satisfactory.
How long can a man at his age ( I can't write down the numbers because for me he is ageless) make album after album?
He can.ofcourse..there is one example who did it, Johnny Cash with his 5 "American" albums but I don't see Macca doing the same...
"NEW" is is real suprise. In a way it is hypnotic like Ram, MC I / MC II........it is very, very well done.
What if his last effort was disappointing? The interest in his music would ebb. The albums go on the shelf except a few.
But nothing could be further from the truth.
"NEW" surpasses easily many Wings albums and it lifts up and revives his former work.
It echoes Beatles, Wings and adds some new Macca sounds, only Macca can do.
It makes me listen again to "Flaming Pie", "Driving Rain" , Ram, MC I an II.
Ok, back to my point..
If this is his last album, he ends it with fireworks and stays for me the myth he became in 1973 when I bought Ram ( 2 years after it was released and missing the Beatles).
If he has demo's and other left overs, then that must be McCartney III.
looking through the backyard of my life, time to sweep the fallen leaves away
boney1

Postby chris » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Nice post, oh boney one...

Nope...that's not going to work at all. i'm not sure I can call you that...

Keep posting your thoughts...

Can I just call you Ken?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions