Listen to Queenie Eye!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Listen to Queenie Eye!

Postby mr h atom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 am

:-D
celibate ??

more like an orgiast :X
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby bravefan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm often tempted to wait on the release but I usually cave in (at least on MAF). I think most people will like Queenie Eye better than the first single.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Orion » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't know what the hell I'm singing, but that chorus has got me singing..."Queenie Eye, Queenie Eye..." \M/ Great stuff - From the samples, his performances on TV lately, etc., I'd say this the one we've all been hoping that he'd give us. Thank you, Sir Paul.
Orion

Postby mr h atom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm

M...singles ?? singles exist solely for the b-sides...

now, albums...i love

so, i am trying to hold out...

yes, it is silly...

but if the album is that good, i'd really like the entire, immersive experience of the album

it's not that often when a 'great' releases what may be a great album...

to me, albums are important...at least i'm still in love with the idea a really good album...

i kinda of think of it more like, if a favorite author was releasing a book...would i read excerpts...

no...even when available, i try to avoid them...

but, that is just me

...'sides..it's only a week, right... @-)
mr h atom

Postby lobbybobby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Don't do it %-(

Just a few short days ~X(

You'll be rewarded in the end :ymparty:
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mattal1958 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:29 pm

I see Mr H Atom's point. I would love to have the will power to avoid listening to what's available. Unfortunately, I don't.

However, the good thing is, this album seems to have suffered very few "leaks." I've heard two studio tracks ("New," and "Queenie Eye") and two others from the NEW album done live ("Save Us," and "Everybody Out There.").

With the deluxe release, there are 14 songs...and apparently, actually 15 songs, with a hidden track.

That means, despite hearing 4 songs (only 2 of the actual studio versions), that leaves 11 left UNHEARD-- nearly an entire album in itself.

I can live with these four songs and still be mostly surprised (for better or worse) on Tuesday.

But, again, kudos to Mr H Atom for showing that kind of willpower.

(And, I agree on albums...they should still be the emphasis, not singles).
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:28 pm

mr h has always been wise beyond his years. stay strong, brother. I've only allowed myself to hear New a few times (all on the radio) before I started turning it off when it came on. a new album must be digested whole. that's how I roll.

in a week we can rejoice. until then...i'm going to sit back and enjoy my musical constipation.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:38 pm

thanks, matts :salute

i'd be lying if i didn't point out that i am totally cheating on that willpower thing by making dang sure i am near-fully distracted by...

...reading stephen kings new book: Doctor Sleep... :-BD

submerging myself in the King/mellencamp 'musical' 'ghost brothers of darkland county'... :ymapplause:

and immersing myself in stings newest... :-D

throw in a los super seven (canto) \:d/

and, in honor of my favorite season, plowing my way though a vast series of random horror flicks... 8-X

with that and a pretty busy work schedule these days...it's pretty easy to keep myself away from all that internet musical crack y'all keep stuffin' in front of me...tempting me........teasing me...

aye, me brutha...if we'en gonna hang...we'en all hang togetha !! :wink:
mr h atom

Postby Mattal1958 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:55 am

am reading Doctor Sleep, myself, although it is really pretty creepy stuff.

Then again, so is a lot of Dean Koontz's work, and he and Koontz are two of my favorites.

But, I've given in. I've listened to the samples. I still think you don't get the feeling of the whole song or the whole album by doing that. Still, the element of surprise IS pretty much removed.

Oh, well...
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:20 am

But why mates. Why this willpower. I have heard all but one song on the album. That is the japanese extratrack Struggle that I hopefully will get soon. Some of the tracks I have listened to -dare I say-rather a lot of times over the last weeks some just once.i ahven t done any naughty downloading but had some help from my "secret friend"
I can understand the happiness opening up the record and experience everything from beginning to end. But believe me I have been one happy fellow this week when I realise the quality of this work. I will not be less happy when I get my album - perhaps less surprised. Ecspecially on the Steve Hoffmans forum there have been complete madness concerning this release and that has been very fun to experience. Being there(shin for information) I realised that I am one amateur when it comes to being a Maccaholic.
.Now I look forward to share my opinions with you guys next week. Actually I feel a bit nervous if you think the album is shite and here I am hissing it as one of Maccas best ever. utT i am not that nervous because this album k-k ass beyond my wildest expectations. Actually a little bit of everything but most important of all-uniformly the best melodies Macca has written for years. Take the best ones from Flaming Pie, Chaos, Memory and even Electric arguments multiple that and you have this NEW thing. Current highlight for me is Alligator and appreciate- the latter a rather odd track that would have fitted nicely on Mccarney 2. Yeah mr H you heard me right. I guess that the expiremental vibes and hiphopgrooves of Appreciate will turn some maccapurists off. But they can always listen to On my way to work or I can bet that is vintage Mccartney to the bones. And if someone actively dislike the magic Early days well that person is beyond hope.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions