Expectations for the NEW album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Expectations for the NEW album

Postby mhnso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:22 am

The six tracks i have heard so far actually are more than promising
New-That one of us have heard and most of us like
Save me-performed live. The studio version has a more layered, rather cool production . A great first track and a fast paced yet melodic rocker with some nice twists and a great baseline
Everybody out here-also performed live. Yhe studioversion rather similar but of course more produced and a nice chanting with Maccas voice a bit processed on top in the chorus. In the end Macca screams Can anybody hear me. In my opinion a brilliant song
I can bet-now we are talking really great Macca power ppo/rock with very modern beats combined with a vintage syntsolo with great vocals, instant chorus and one amazing middleweight. End with some pshycedelic sounds where i think i can hear something of Out of sight to. Brilliant stuff sort of mixture between modern, Wings and Beatles.
Quennie Eye- a rather unique track that has some clear Beatles, Lennon, Walrus touches. Rather heavy but fun and the same time. Grows after repeated listening
Early Days- Frankly one of the best tracks I have ever heard from Paul. Acoustic with some snare drums, vocals effect, sparse but at the same time big production. A folky melody that after a few listenings for me has grown into a real melodic diamond. Maccas vocals are a bit rough and he sounds the 71 years he is. According to an interview Paul wanted to record a "better" take than this one apparently the first take. Producer voted for this take because it has a certain vulnerability that resonates great to the meaning of the song. We should be grateful for that sound.The lyrics look backs on the early days in Liverpool and also point a finger for the people who claim to remember when they were not there. A sining diamond of a song this is.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:12 am

hmmmm.... :-? that post seems awfully familiar...like i've read it all before :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 am

mr h atom wrote:hmmmm.... :-? that post seems awfully familiar...like i've read it all before :wink:

Do you actually READ the postings here \:d/
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm

yes ! especially yours.........how else would i know so much :wink:
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:53 pm

For those interesred samples from the new album here Just click and listen

http://www.allmusic.com/album/release/new-mr0004032001à
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:56 pm

:-? ...but, what if i'm interesgreen ?

X_X

:YMHUG:
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 am

Mr H you big man of faith and strong character. Me being weak happened to stumble across some more tracks(pretty much the lot) and gave it a go. Don t wanna go in to details but this album to me seems to be a serious contender as being one of Maccas best albums ever.In some tracks there are even little hint s from Mccartney 2 So I am definitively sure You will enjoy it. Actually the thing with the four producers makes the album differ in recording technique and style but there is still a strong feeling of whole. And that goes to Macca who has produced more memorable melodies on this album alone than most manage during a lifetime. "Timeless", "masterclass", "his best in decades" are some phrases from rewiews and I agree. By the way that Alligator track is not bad...not bad at all.It has a real tough groove.
And Apreciate a weird sort of tape, guitarteloops combined with hiphoprhytms, slide guitar, Maccas falsetto voice straight out of Mccartney 2. And Road revisits Electric arguments and....no I stop here and admire the strengths of those who resists what I could not. You are in for a treat.
And me I don t regret cheating at all
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:54 am

funny :-W .....that's what my wife said :-O

=)) .... :cry:

;)
mr h atom

Postby james1985 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:12 am

Enjoy

May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:43 am

Now I am goin to really stick my nose out and say something controversial. After repeated listenings I feel that New might be Pauls best ever album. Yes folks you heard me right. So many highligts and for me not à weak track. Everything I lIke about Macca is here, the melodies,the expirementation and also the whimsiness. Top that with some of the sharpest and funniest lyrics he has written. This is à winner
Last edited by mhnso on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions