Listen to Queenie Eye!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Listen to Queenie Eye!

Postby jgkojak » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:35 am

Queenie Eye is now available for listening (for us mere mortals who have yet to hear it).

http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/the-d ... e-eye.html

My verdict:
:YMHUG:

I can see why they picked this as the second single. Really one of the best Macca songs I've heard in YEARS, outranking anything on MAF, Chaos, etc. I'd rank it with "This One" as simply a fantastic Macca song/single.

Some of Paul's best lyrics (can't wait to read the lyric sheet)

Pretty interesting/bold production

Vocals sounds solid - obviously they did a lot of compression/tricks to hide any challenges Paul is having - and it works - you could imagine this on, say, Tug of War without much conflict - except that it would better all but a couple songs on there (Here Today, Wanderlust and Take It Away all would rank ahead to state how great this tune is!)

:cheers
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Listen to Queenie Eye!

Postby mhnso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:04 am

So happy you liked it mate. Was a bit nervous that people here wouldn t like them after all my praising. Quennie Eye is a great track indeed But believe there are even greater stuff among the 6 songs I have heard so we are all in for a real treat this time.
Last edited by mhnso on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby JimQ » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 am

WooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!! :cheers That's brilliant!! I'm speechless! I hope this gets tons of airplay as it really deserves it - confident and mature-beatley. Funny unexpected twists and turns, and after one listen is engrained in my head. Great use of slide guitar and organ. Not completely sure, but it sounds like solo macca. I do believe this is the album we've been waiting for people :ymparty:
JimQ

Postby savillerowdie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:45 am

First impression. I like this a lot. So much better a single than New, which I still don't like.
The breakdown in the middle doesn't kill the song like I read a lot of early listeners writing.
Will it be a hit? Who can say in today's market. I'd love to see Paul get his contemporary due, but it is definitely a hit with me and, I expect, the vast majority of his fans.

Can't wait for the rest of this album next week.
I did hear someone doing a cover version of I Can Bet on YouTube and I really liked the guys cover, so I can only imagine how much I will like Paul's actual version.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:11 am

savillerowdie wrote:First impression. I like this a lot. So much better a single than New, which I still don't like.
The breakdown in the middle doesn't kill the song like I read a lot of early listeners writing.
Will it be a hit? Who can say in today's market. I'd love to see Paul get his contemporary due, but it is definitely a hit with me and, I expect, the vast majority of his fans.

Can't wait for the rest of this album next week.
I did hear someone doing a cover version of I Can Bet on YouTube and I really liked the guys cover, so I can only imagine how much I will like Paul's actual version.

Be sure you will like I can bet. Great song, great production. Actually I cab bet kicks a-s. Don t forget the lines"What Im gonna do do next - it s entirely up to your imagination". Paul might be a d-y old man after all.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jmonti476 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 am

OMG!!!! that's Faantastic!!!! heavy produced but EXCELENT!!!! :cheers ^:)^ :ymapplause: :salute ^:)^
jmonti476

Postby jgkojak » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 am

I don't mind the middle- I think it suffers from a modern plague - this "look how quiet a song is when recorded digitally" trick - a lot of pop songs employ these days - not sure why people are just figuring this out now, but seems like a lot of examples. Which is again OK - it makes it more modern.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JimQ » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:58 am

We're terrible for looking for faults! It's great! I like the overproduction! I liked the middle bit until everyone started finding fault with it - don't ruin any other bit for me please!!!
JimQ

Postby VOODOO1194 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:07 pm

I can't get it to play
VOODOO1194

Postby JimQ » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:25 pm

the flash player doesn't show up on mobile devices - maybe that's the problem? You're in for a treat voodoo :bounce
JimQ

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions