Expectations for the NEW album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Expectations for the NEW album

Postby mhnso » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 am

I couldn t really find any reason to be strong when opportunity arvode. Blasted all six tracks in My car this morning and each and evey track has something I like. I can bet For instance is such à great powerpop song I have not heard from the man in years.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jgkojak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:23 am

:-??

Now I'm just frustrated-

I'm pretty clever when it comes to downloading stuff / finding boots / finding stuff on the internet.

AND I STILL DON'T HAVE THE 6 SONG SAMPLER

~X(

It is driving me CRAZY
:bounce I WANT IT NOW :bounce
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bravefan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:39 am

I don't understand why people on here won't share the link. I'd love to hear these songs. And just maybe we'd quit hearing how bad the new song is.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:38 am

Sorry I can t share à link to the sampler. Actually there are no link as far as I know Got it from a "secret' friend and actually are not suposed to spread it. Would if I could. Guess there Will be some major leak soon For those interesred in these things. Sorry about it But on the other hand you have some Run to look forward to. Me to since there are 10 more tracks I have not heard
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jgkojak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:56 am

Sorry I can t share à link to the sampler. Actually there are no link as far as I know Got it from a "secret' friend and actually are not suposed to spread it.

So what you're saying is, you got it from a Secret Friend, and Nobody Knows where to find the actual link. So I guess One of These Days I'm gonna get to hear these songs. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to Check My Machine to see if I find anything. Its really too bad I don't have a Temporary Secretary to help me get these.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Yes it s true
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:08 pm

At the Apple store on Regent Street in London today, Giles Martin did a Q&A and presented three tracks.

So I went along after work and it was great fun. Giles was telling stories about when Paul was driving him back to George Martin's after a playdate with Mary, stuff like that.

We heard Queenie Eye, Early Days and Everybody Out There, just once each.

On one listen, Queenie Eye seems a bit like 'New' – it's piano-driven, and it flies by quite quickly without you really getting a chance to hear what the hooks are first time round. There's a slow breakdown in the middle.

Early Days is immediate as hell. Classic McCartney acoustic guitar right up there, voice high in the mix. Lyrics about guitars on backs, going through the record store. Just acoustics and voice until some drums and organ-y atmosphere at the end. But it's emotional. You might have moist eyes when you hear it.

Everybody Out There we've all heard. It's pretty much the same as the live version except there are more little Spanish guitar flashes, there's a 'radio' effect on his voice in the chorus, and a Morse Moose thing in the fade out.

And who came to sit in the reserved-marked seats about five minutes in? Mary McCartney and two of her sons!

But Giles was great, some good insight into the album. He said the Paul plays the Rickenbacker on one song on the album (didn't say which one) and that he always lays guitar down first when he's doing one-man-band stuff. But it was a great little free event that I only found out about this afternoon. I think you can watch it online somewhere, the Apple guys were filming it. I'll try and find a link.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Also, I'm not going to download the sampler. If the whole thing had leaked, I probably wouldn't have been able to hold out. But I'd rather listen to the whole thing at once now.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:46 pm

keep checking, boys and girls...seems macca 'released' the album this weekend to a select few: he played the entire album at two drive-in theaters (one, in LA....one, in nyc, makeshift atop/near a VW dealership) over their speaker systems...

reviews, 'natch, are excellent...

should only be a matter of time before songs leak like a sieve...

there's a big report over on yahoo...bet there's others elsewhere...

would've loved to be sittin' in the back seat of one of those cars :cry:

8 days...expectations soaring
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:49 am

Early days the song that soon will be revealed to the word is stunning. After repeated listenings it gives me very special feeling. In fact I think it s one of the greatest things Paul ever recorded. Don t think I ever said or felt that way concerning à new Macca song. Outstanding melody,outstanding words and outstanding recording. Pauls vocal delivery are weary and à bit rugged something that makes the song even more touching and vulnerable.
It Will be very interesting to hear all your reaktions to this one once You heard.it.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions