A NEW ranking of Maccas albums

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: A NEW ranking of Maccas albums

Postby mhnso » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:10 am

mr h atom wrote::-D ask me , M...i could tell you where to stick it :twisted:

:lol:

I would do that but the the place is occupied - with Off the Ground ^:)^
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 am

:shock: .... :lol: .... :salute
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Mattal1958 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 pm

OUTSTANDING: Flaming Pie, Chaos & Creation, Memory Almost Full, Tug Of War, Ram, Run Devil Run

GREAT: The Russian Album, Kisses From The Bottom, Electric Arguments, Band on The Run (w/"Helen Wheels"-- not the original British release minus it)

GOOD: McGear (anyone who doesn't think this is MOSTLY a McCartney album should check it out and listen to it...it just has a guest vocalist), Driving Rain, Unplugged.

AVERAGE: McCartney, Red Rose Speedway, London Town, Back To The Egg, Give My Regards To Broad Street, Pipes Of Peace, Off The Ground, Flowers In The Dirt, Wild Life.

BELOW AVERAGE: At The Speed Of Sound, McCartney II (particularly horrific), Press To Play (although "Stranglehold" is an excellent song).

No live albums (except for Unplugged, which was unique due to song selection) included.

I'm sure if I forgot one, it will be brought to my attention.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby JimQ » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:35 pm

I agree with everything you say Mattal except I'd upgrade FITD and P2P. I made myself to listen to off the ground (fresh from mhnso's bottom) earlier - it's the high degree of musicianship with such low low grade lyrics that grate against each other. And reheating warm and beautiful as golden earth girl was cheeky. But get out of my way and lovers that never were are good. The songs cut from OTG were better than what was left! I also forced a listen to driving rain - as an album it's a bit weak - but individually most of the songs are quite good! Nice raw rockers. It's the digitised washing machine noises between songs and the unchanging tone that make it uninteresting. And I think the European release cover was destined to make people bored before even pressing play. I'm surprised how high RRS (I'd never work that out - red rose speedway!!!) is getting. Things like loup, when the night as the medley ruin in. Pity, as my love, dragonfly and big barn are great. I haven't ranked anything, I've just rambled as I do....!
JimQ

Postby JimQ » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Oh and this is my favourite typo of the century :-)
Mattal1958 wrote: Kisses From The Bottom
JimQ

Postby mr h atom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:46 pm

WATCH OUT, jim....you nasty troll, you :YMHUG:

BTW..OTG ? fresh from M's bottom ?!?!

musta been one sh!ttee record =))

..oh, gosh...poop jokes at my age...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Mattal1958 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:43 am

yeah, ("From" instead of "On") should have been a bit more attentive before hitting SEND. Oh, well.

Yes, the extra tracks from "Off The Ground" ARE better, on the whole, than most of that album.

"Get Out Of My Way," "Lovers That Never Were," and "Winedark Open Sea" are really the only songs I can listen to anymore from OTG...although, I do agree with the sentiment of "Looking For Changes," and the live version of "Peace In The Neighborhood" is pretty good.
in years to come/they may discover/what the air we breathe and the life we lead are all about/but it won't be soon enough for me
Mattal1958
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:53 pm

The Great: Chaos ,Ram

The Good: DR, ,BTTE,LT,RRS,EA

The Decent: ,MAF, P2P, TOW, V&M,BOTR, WL,MII,

The Meh: FITD, OTG, POP, McCartney, NEW

The Bad: watsos,

What kills New the most is lyrics that qualify with his worst.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:16 pm

lazzie, old boy...how nice to see you posting again. keep it up, would ya? it's always more interesting around here when i'm disagreeing with you.

:salute :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jmonti476 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Outstanding: RAM, BOTR, Tug of War, Flowers in the Dirt, Memory almost full, the Russian album, Flaming Pie, WOA, Driving USA ^:)^

The Great: Pipes of Peace, Venus and mars, Wings at the Speed of Sound, Back to the Egg, unplugged, off the ground, Tripping the Life fantastic \M/

the Good: NEW, Broad Street, Wild Life, McCartney, Standing Stone, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, Wings greatest hits, :-BD

the Average: London Town, Driving Rain, run devil run, :-h

below average: McCartney II, press to play, red rose speedway ~X(
jmonti476 New Member
New Member Posts: 18Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 8:48 pm
jmonti476

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions