There is a chance of "New" debuting at #1 is USA

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

There is a chance of "New" debuting at #1 is USA

Postby VOODOO1194 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Heard a DJ today talking about Macca's new cd saying how strong the early word of mouth is. He added that the pre sales of the album have also been quite strong on Amazon...I took a look for myself and sure enough "New" is already at #3 on their album chart a few weeks before its actual release...Seems the main competition the week of Macca's release will be the new album by Pearl Jam which isn't in the top ten yet.

I understand that this is far from a scientific survey, but is it possible that McCartney has his first solo #1 album in the USA since "Tug of War" in 2013?
VOODOO1194

Re: There is a chance of "New" debuting at #1 is USA

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:03 pm

:-D

thanks, vood :salute
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:50 pm

I hope you're right. in fact i'd love it if you were. but i'm a bit more pessimistic. a 71 year old dude, no matter how legendary...can not, will not excite the young-uns out there as much as miley cyrus will. paul has had several weeks to amass a million views on youtube for his newest song's video. miley does a hundred times that in a day. apples and oranges, maybe...but those things do matter now. and yes...youtube hits do count toward billboard chart postitions.

now...taking off my half empty hat...I don't really care how well or how poorly it charts. and I don't care that much how well/poorly it gets reviewed. when it comes to art...as far as i'm concerned...I am the only critic that matters. I need to love it. and much, much more often than not...I do.

but it would be nice to see him chart highly. I don't need, and i'm not looking for confirmation of his talent. but dontcha just think...that paul does? I still think he's looking for love from fans. and gosh it would be swell if he got some.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Doesn t Paul get love in à million during his tourng? I am sure he feed out of thatA nr 1 he could have but entirerely delends on competition during release week
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm

macca compete wi' da miles ?

maybe they should get into a twerk-off !!

motor of love pt. II, mayhap ?
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:54 am

Maybe Paul still got his motor of love running. Usually these kind of engines work fine sometimes one might need a shift of oil Usually older motors work slower and need more time before they start running Once started it s usually a smooth ride
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:10 pm

don't know if this has been asked yet...but...anyone know who else is releasing new album that day. that can have as much effect on units sold as anything else. at least...comparatively so.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby VOODOO1194 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:27 pm

[quote="chris"]I hope you're right. in fact i'd love it if you were. but i'm a bit more pessimistic. a 71 year old dude, no matter how legendary...can not, will not excite the young-uns out there as much as miley cyrus will. paul has had several weeks to amass a million views on youtube for his newest song's video. miley does a hundred times that in a day. apples and oranges, maybe...but those things do matter now. and yes...youtube hits do count toward billboard chart postitions"

McCartney and Miley Cyrus will not be in direct competition as Cyrus will be releasing her album on 10/8 and McCartney will be releasing "New" on 10/15...Beyond that a new Miley Cyrus record isn't going to light up the charts like a new disc from Adele for example...Cyrus is little more than a flash in the pan.
VOODOO1194

Postby chris » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:44 pm

VOODOO1194 wrote:
chris wrote:I hope you're right. in fact i'd love it if you were. but i'm a bit more pessimistic. a 71 year old dude, no matter how legendary...can not, will not excite the young-uns out there as much as miley cyrus will. paul has had several weeks to amass a million views on youtube for his newest song's video. miley does a hundred times that in a day. apples and oranges, maybe...but those things do matter now. and yes...youtube hits do count toward billboard chart postitions"

McCartney and Miley Cyrus will not be in direct competition as Cyrus will be releasing her album on 10/8 and McCartney will be releasing "New" on 10/15...Beyond that a new Miley Cyrus record isn't going to light up the charts like a new disc from Adele for example...Cyrus is little more than a flash in the pan.

yeah...she's a flash of the cootch.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 pm

and here i thought Vood just missed a letter...y'know...'little more than a flash in the panTs'
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions