Expectations for the NEW album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Expectations for the NEW album

Postby mhnso » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Nice cover bit it s the inside that counts Exept when it comes to handsome guys like me
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:34 am

oh, quit it...you handsome stub, you :oops:

:? oops...is that a mistake...or... :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby flextint » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Did someone write this could be his last album?Noooooooo!
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:39 am

If it will be his last album or not? Who knows. I think that after a career reaching 50 years and being the architect behind some of the best and most popular music ever made there must be an end. The amazing thing with Macca is that he after all this year with both highs and lows still seems to enjoy music and have a creative spakle that sometimes helps him create great things. Maybe not as great and certainly not in the same volumes s when he was young but obviously it s still there. That might be the one thing I admire most with Paul-his never ending creativity and actually willingness to take risks
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:01 am

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is not the last one...not that i know anything of the mans mind on the issue, no: i do not recall seeing any sort of quote, definitive or otherwise, along those lines...

let's hope that it is more a musing of a reference to his age and with respect to reality...

this may, however, be the last one as far as being an out 'n out rocker...pop rock...shoot-for-the-sky regular album we've all known and loved lo these many moons

i think he'll continue making some form of music/albums as long as he can and as long as he feels he has something viable thing to say, musically...

i think he should go see a tommy emmanuel concert, get some inspiration and change his whole thaing for a while (or forever)...he, and a small, tight band, would be fantastic if they toned it all down and got more intimate with the songs, instruments and the audience
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 am

Yeah but thing I think Macca actually enjoy and feed from the great crowds that herald him whole on yourself recently mentioned that the thought of playing the whole new album live If that happens it would I guess be à one of promotional thing Me I am happy to have seen the first Wingslineup 1972 That was really back to the roots Wont happen again
I feel happy that My relationship with Pauls music still is and that I once again feel the childlike wonder of exitement waiting for à NEW album from the man Listening to it will probably not create the same exitement as waiting for and hoping it Will turn out to the holy graal of rock roll
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 am

In the next number of Mojo(out next week) Macca is the cover boy and inside a lengthy interview .In the teaser i read these things. The journalist calls Pauls new album remarkable(admittedly after sharing a bottle of wine with Paul) and Pauls discusses some songs rom the album Early days seems not so surprisingly be about the early days with his first band. It seems like Pauls is a bit p-d of about all the untrue stories about these days that spread out but"we are the only ones who were there". On my way to work seems to be about an extrajob he once had as a lad. He also mentions using mellotron so this might be a partly beatlysounding album
Once again a prewiew that hisses this album so the hype continues
http://www.mojo4music.com/6909/paul-mcc ... e-beatles/
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:36 pm

He's playing a little session for 6 Music Radio over here a couple of days after the album comes out. You can apply for free tickets here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/show ... _mccartney

Good luck UK Macca fans!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 am

In the waiting for NEW I spend some time listening to some other great music -some recommendations to spend some time with the following four weeks
The Clash remasters-comes in different incarnations - one great double hits collection, one little cheap box containing their original albums and also the album separately. And of course a big, expensive, visually beautiful box called Sound System containg the lot and more. The sound of this remasters are stunning and the music of the Clash has aged with grace. I was a big follower back in the days(saw them live five times) and still think this band is one of the greatest rock roll bands ever. With a message that still is relevant - listen for instance to the Call Up for proof. Of course Londons Calling should be on the top five on anyones greatest album list.

Harry Nilsson - Complete RCA recordings- A nice, not so expensive box containing all of Nilssons RCA-albums with tons of extrastuff and three full cd:s of unreleased material. 17 cd:s altogether in nice original sleeves. Of course containing some of the most intelligent popmusic and greatest singing this side of the Beatles.In fact there is a strong beatlesconnection here. Both Paul and John called Harry Nilsson their "favorite american band". included in the set is of course the infamous album cooperation with Lennon-Pussy Cats recorded during the "lost weekend". A shipwreck of an album but with some real shining moments of drunken glory as well

And of course the wonderful Wings over America/Rockshow. I have gone the big way here-own both the deluxe edition of the album and blue ray of Rockshow. Watching Macca sing his heart out in Maybe Im amazed and Long and Winding road are musical experiences of the highest level
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:27 am

Here is five reasons why I think/ hope the NEW -album will turn out great and one of Pauls best ever
1. Pauls has been on a creative roll more or less for fifteen years. This will be the final crowning moment of that wonderful period in Maccas career
2. The single is very promising -in my opinion his best since My Brave Face with a stunning melody and maybe the most beatleseque sound he ever created as a solo artist But with a very modern touch
3. The hype and buzz. Could be a negative thing and create a a backlash but its obvious that the people involved and the "outside" people who have heard it feel this is a special one.
4. The time and care Paul has taken with NEW and the diverse choice of producers
5. Nice cover and short song titles
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions