Beatles Live at the BBC Vol. 2

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Re: Beatles Live at the BBC Vol. 2

Postby lobbybobby » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Looks and sounds fantastic!!!

When's the deluxe version coming out? :-h
catch up...cats and kittens...don't get left behind...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:41 pm

I agree with Mr. H, it's going to be a great autumn! \:d/ Also, it looks like the original "Live at the BBC" is finally being remastered. Gee, I really am glad all over.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Also the new Pearl Jam album will be released on 15th of Oct :roll: :oops:
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby beatlesfansunite » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:37 am

The second official release of The Beatles' BBC radio recordings was released 19 years after 1994's Live At The BBC collection. On Air - Live At The BBC Volume 2 was released in two-CD set and 180-gram vinyl versions. Both include a 48-page booklet with an introduction by Paul McCartney and liner notes by BBC producer Kevin Howlett.

The album contains 63 tracks, including 37 previously unreleased performances, and 23 excerpts of in-studio speech featuring the group and radio presenters Brian Matthew, Alan Freeman, Lee Peters and Rodney Burke.

Three songs not officially available elsewhere were included: I'm Talking About You, Beautiful Dreamer and Happy Birthday Dear Saturday Club, although the collection did contain Lend Me Your Comb, which had previously been issued on Anthology 1.

However, two other songs, A Picture Of You and Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream?), recorded with Pete Best on drums on 7 March 1962 and 11 June 1962 respectively, are still yet to be officially released in any form.

Versions of several of the included songs had previously been released on Live At The BBC, in an acknowledgement that The Beatles recorded certain songs multiple times. The group performed a total of 88 different songs in their BBC radio sessions.

In all The Beatles made 52 known musical performances on a variety of BBC radio shows between March 1962 and June 1965, in addition to many more interviews and unscheduled news appearances.

In addition to the musical performances, On Air - Live At The BBC Volume 2 includes audio of The Beatles talking to DJs Brian Matthew and Alan Freeman, and Pop Go The Beatles hosts Lee Peters and Rodney Burke, as well as interviews recorded for the Pop Profile series in November 1965 and May 1966.

The album was compiled and researched by producers Kevin Howlett and Mike Heatley, and were mastered at Abbey Road Studios by engineers Guy Massey and Alex Wharton. ^:)^
Read more about the Beatles here at Beatles Fans Unite. Join for free and vote for your favorite Beatles.
beatlesfansunite

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Why do I get the feeling you swallowed a discography, BFU? What do you really think about these albums?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:48 pm

methinks BFU is a 'bot...

or a publicist...

same thing, right :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Then...KERSLAM?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:10 am

y'know, EF...most of us use that small space at the bottom to have a quote or a lyric we like...says something, even if momentarily, about us...

BFU ? he/she/it/they've got a link to their own site...bad manners, that

while i'd never slam a door in the face of a beatle fan...i'm bettin', like the webbyjim...they won't be ahauntin' us much...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Good news regarding the remastering of the first Live at the BBC: according to wogblog, some of the dodgier-sounding tracks have been replaced with better sounding versions that have been found since the original compilation. Also, there was a technique in vogue in the 90s called 'no noise' that supposedly improved the sound by reducing the ambient elements in the recording, but it has since fallen out of favor since the result is a somewhat lifeless recording. So the powers that be have removed this 'no noise' process. I'm eager to hear the results.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 pm

New Beatles album on Monday! First time in seven years :ymparty:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext