Expectations for the NEW album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Expectations for the NEW album

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:03 am

WHO is the partygirl Is it Mary with the little lamb grown up now That might exposén your interest in this particular song By the way the japanese edition it s suposed to contain all four knows extratracks We can only hope that Will turn out true since I ordered utsikt makes sense because the japanese editions always carry more stuff
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 am

I'm a little sad there are only two Ethan Johns tracks. I love the first two Ray Lamontagne albums he produced, the first Kings Of Leon and Ryan Adams' Gold and Heartbreaker. Would have loved mccartney to do a whole album with that rootsy, americana feel. But holding out hope for Hosannah, very excited about that one.

I think the album's going to be...diverse
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:59 am

'Appreciate' a sequel to 'Gratitude'???

"Appreciate...Appreciate...Apppreecciiiaaaaaaaattteee...dum dum dum dum"
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:19 am

Yeah James most likely appreciate is the same song as Gratitude. Old as he is Paul has forgotten about that one so he wrote it once again with different words. Same with Road that is a mixture of Long and Winding Road and Why don t we do it on the road. This is testing times for us Maccaadmirers
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 am

According to Beatles bible this is the known bonustracks different editions. Looks as the japanese edition gets all the goodies - 16 tracks altogether
Recorded: 2013
Producers: Giles Martin, Mark Ronson, Ethan Johns, Paul Epworth
Executive producer: Giles Martin
Mixed by: Mark 'Spike' Stent

Released: 14 October 2013 (UK), 15 October 2013 (US)

Tracklisting:
Save Us
Alligator
On My Way To Work
Queenie Eye
Early Days
New
Appreciate
Everybody Out There
Hosanna
I Can Bet
Looking At Her
Road
Scared (UK/USA/France/Japan deluxe edition bonus track)
Secret Life Of A Party Girl (UK/USA/Japan deluxe edition bonus track)
Turned Out (France/Japan deluxe edition bonus track)
Get Me Out Of Here (France/Japan deluxe edition bonus track)
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jgkojak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:05 am

Rumor was the 2nd Nirvana-Macca song recorded was called "Down the Road" - so "Road" has to be this song - love having a rocker as the final song on the record!
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:27 am

well...that is perturbing

if this were the olympics...mccartney has just rigged the race and assured that japan gets the gold medal...france the silver...and the Ol' Uk and the 'mercans get to split up the bronze ???

i feel it's an honest question as to why this ever is ?
why should anyone anywhere not get the full maccy on a deluxe edition ?
have we not been faithful ?

have we, in all the buying/rebuying of all the the albums/8tracks/cassettes/cds/singles/maxi singles/concert going/dvd buying/book buying/internet chatting/t-shirt wearing...banner flying through good and bad...let him down so much as to be so smited thusly ?

i guess so...

:-?? can't see myself buying the japanese version...can't see overpaying for what i shouldn't have to do so on...never have...not for anyone anywhere anytime...won't start now...certainly not for an internet buy from japan; i've no grudge against them; i will simply buy here locally...they, i'm afraid, are not local...

dismaying, at best...disheartening for sure...

i guess, where mccartney is concerned, it appears as if loyalty is a one-way street...

i'm sure other artists do the exact same thing..blahblahblah...i'm sure there are lots of really, really good reasons for it :roll: it all amounts to a huge slap in the face no matter how you try to put it

thanks, paul...guess 'new' ain't so new after all...just the same old game of coincoincoin...

as to JGK's thought....let's hope so... :YMPRAY:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am

Actally the game of deluxeeditions is not all that new-before tere were all kind of obscure singles and stuff. I am not really a completist but if there is a new album it feels somewhat s-y not being able to get all of the tracks released. So I swallowed my pride and ordered the japanese edition-not even being sure what extratracks are there. But it was not all that expensive really and ypu then get the japanese audophilepressing of the album. Why Japan always get more extra tracks seems to have something to do with the prices of cd:s there-it s cheaper for them to import albums. Voila-an extratrack or two and more people spend their Yen on the home market
What I-being an nostalgic old fart- really misses is the concept of an album as a statement-a whole. Imagine the old Beatles albums with all these different bonus tracks. No way. But that s the way it is. Money talks and b-t walks to quote William Shakespeare.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:39 pm

i know that, M...i get all that, however...

it bears repeating: mccartney is not the only thing i (and, i'm sure, others) buy/collect/like/ love...and my entertainment budget is often, as are for most, somewhat limited...

for instance..if i over spend on New, i would be unable to buy all the wide variety of things i already consume: today alone, by betting that i can get some version of New through a local retailer that'll i'll be content with...i took that extra $10 or so and bought 'los super seven - canto' and the new lee child/jack reacher book for my wife (brownie points !) both of which, by careful shopping, i got for less than retail...

the long 'n short is...while i am sooo there...it's only up to a point: that measly $6-10 extra depletes immediately what i can do in other areas

true, as you said (and i alluded to), others are that bad or worse...but i don't buy that stuff, either...

immersion sets ??? NOT !!

for instance, personally, i am every bit as much a stephen king fan as i am of mccartney...yet, i do not buy limited editions unless they are the only ones (the first 4 dark tower books ? the ones we were all told would never, ever appear in any regular format ?? i still bought the less expensive, everyday trade editions ($20/30-40), not the high priced, spiffed up ones($100/200-500 !!)): put a discounted trade against high priced, tho nifty, special ?? no question at all every time...

i will shop around for the most at the best price not because i am cheap, aw, heck no !!

...but because then i can buy even more, other stuff with the savings !!

ah, well...it's all good...i'll more than live...tain't worth gettin' all hepped up o'er, right :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:30 pm

I'll be buying the American version with 2 bonus tracks. What I don't get on my copy, I'll at least get to listen to on youtube, without any doubt. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to buy the bonus tracks individually on iTunes...?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions