Rumor: New Macca Single Premiers 8/29/13

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Rumor: New Macca Single Premiers 8/29/13

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:03 pm

mr h atom wrote:of course paul can still write upbeat pop songs...good ones, average ones...even grrrrrreat ones: no one ever said any different, comeonbrutha...

and, despite its complete averageness...'New' does fit into that category...just as 'ebony and ivory' does...or...'dance the do'....no one ever said anything otherwise there, either...

nor did i think that, upon hearing it, that i might've got completely mixed up with the 'new' single by billy whatsisname...or maybe badfinger redux...nope..it is pure macca !!

still...glad to have you here to CORRECT all of us on our deficiencies, c-o-b...don't know how we'd all managed to get by without your insight all these years...

mayhap you'd like to spend some time perusing all our posts and telling just exactly where we've gone so ungodly horribly wrong there, too...compared, of course, to what you believe is brill !!

lord knows i need the help

as it is, tho...i quite liked the a cappella version...even if paulies voice seemd a bit...ratchedy...oops, there i go again, being all unsupportive...they'll have to take away my credentials as a mccartney apologist pretty soon... :wink:

It's pretty simple, really. Get your ears checked! :lol:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:11 pm

:shock: Oh, man there's gonna be a brawl...
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Actually, come on brotha...our boy mr. H really has been a proud McCartney supporter for years. Questioning those who weren't sure what they thought of a new (or old) Paulie release with the white hot intensity of a thousand police detective interrogations. I'm going to afford him a little...eh...now and then. Maybe you should too. He's a loyal soldier ranked awfully high in the McCartney camp.

Not that he needs me to defend him. On the contrary...as you will find out shortly...he loves a good verbal cat fight as much as the next guy. I have it on pretty good authority that as soon as he gets done with his twerking class (he's been teaching it for years) he'll be getting right back to you.

My gosh, I do love a new Paulie release
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 pm

I am glad to hear that mr H likes the acapellaversion I did too even with that blond dude Pauls voice soundet a bit hoarse but it s an obvioisly fact that hs voice and vocals have chanser The important thing is that the whistling and singing is proof that NEW has a rather lovely melody
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ComeOnBrotha » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 pm

chris wrote:Actually, come on brotha...our boy mr. H really has been a proud McCartney supporter for years. Questioning those who weren't sure what they thought of a new (or old) Paulie release with the white hot intensity of a thousand police detective interrogations. I'm going to afford him a little...eh...now and then. Maybe you should too. He's a loyal soldier ranked awfully high in the McCartney camp.

Not that he needs me to defend him. On the contrary...as you will find out shortly...he loves a good verbal cat fight as much as the next guy. I have it on pretty good authority that as soon as he gets done with his twerking class (he's been teaching it for years) he'll be getting right back to you.

My gosh, I do love a new Paulie release

Honestly it doesn't bother me that some don't care for New. I just find it hard to fathom. Music (like art) is always subjective and everyone it certainly entitled to their opinion. All I can say is that the vast majority of people (outside of this forum) seem to overwhelmingly like it a lot. That's a pretty good indicator of a really good POPular song!
Always come to you, when you look for them
And your inspiration long may it last
May it come to you time and time again
ComeOnBrotha

Postby mhnso » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 am

Agree that New is a song that many people seem to like even outside the fan circles. I have played it for some friends who are, in best cases, indifferent to Maccas work outside the Beatles. Reaction when hearing NEW is a big smile. Ant that s what this song obviously makes people do - smile and feel good I have definitive no problem with people not liking it - hopefully in the context of the album the song can turn out fine even for the people who don t care for it
Me-two weeks after first hearing like it more than ever and actually feel a bit surprised that Macca after all this years still can come up with a simple and lovely melody that many songwriters can spend a lifetime without getting close. That is remarkable
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:25 am

Nicely said, Magnus.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:35 am

chris wrote:
james1985 wrote:Didn't realise Paul had hired a blonde late-period Michael Jackson on guitar/bass duties... :-D

Looks seriously invested in botox, doesn't he?

Too many years in LA for Brian...

now Wix has a nice, normal, pudgy English-looking face
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:52 am

mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 am

first of all...chris ?? brutha ??

it's okay to stop sucking up to me..i gave you the 'A' you wanted and deserved in the twerking class..despite the pink tutu (that...seemed to over-the-top) and the fact that you tried that move on me rather than the cute blonde stewardess as requested...you make miley look like a chump !! :wink:

comeonebrutha..?? i ain't got no beef wid tha tadpole...he's jus', like so many others who are mistaken in their perambulations, drunk too mucha da 'new'lade :-D

i'd reiterate all the stuff i'd said before but it'd be like :roll: and :-?? and then ~X(

i'm exemplified in that i'm right and he's wrong...and i don't need to rub in his wrongness at all...nope...not me...never do it... L-)

'new' the song, imho, will be to 'new' the album as 'ebony and ivory' is to 'tug of war'...no doubts whatsoever...all the drooly-boogie chilluns will stomp and froth now, as is their wont...but down the line, when reality sets in...you'll all be beggin' my forgiveness :wink:

..meanwhile...i'll be sittin' in this here punkinpatch....eagerly awaiting the arrival of the great punkin hisself....suckas !!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions