Rumor: New Macca Single Premiers 8/29/13

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Rumor: New Macca Single Premiers 8/29/13

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 am

This discussion leaves me speechless. If one likes NEW or not is ,as I said before a personal business and nothing to argue about. JMy advice to the nonbelievers is to get their ears examined - otherwise - no problems
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 am

i was gonna ramble on about the tutus n all...but the most esteemed M has hit a dissonant chord of sorts..

see...this is my problem with this song...it is simply nothing special... not at all...its...completely average

i'm tryin to figure out how i, and others, who've shown a far more deep understanding of this artist are suddenly somehow deaf or dumb or nonbelieving now...for this measly, average song...

how we, who've shown our mettle, have suddenly fallen so low...so off the track as to be repeatedly labeled an unbeliever when we don't fall on our knees and offer up blood sacrifices to this...average song

heck...wasn't too .long ago i was repeatedly labeled a mccartney apologizer by many who simply do not frequent these boards anymore

i know i never said the danged thing sucked rotten eggs...have been mostly polite...

yet...despite the otherwise completely over-the-top chatter amongst some...i have yet to be approached by anyone ...anywhere...at all...about the greatness of this new song...

something yhat did happen, quite frequently, with 'dance tonight'

DT ? lots of conversations

new ?? ...none...other than here

end game on it's greatness...pop songs catch on everywhere...this one, so far...not so much

now back to something far more important...the tutus
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 am

Yeah mr H why don t you fall down on your knee and offer your blood to the Altar of New . Why?
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:19 am

A bit more seriously what fe feel and react to certain items be it music, art litterature or a new shirt is entirely subjective there is no right or wrong. If I offended anyone with those "deaf"jokes I sincerely apologise. Personally I enjoy this NEW single more than some of Pauls recent singles. And that is saying a lot because I rank both Fine Line, Dance Tonight, Ever Present past and My valentine as very good songs and nice singles
but...
there is a certain bright and direct feel in NEW that for me makes it his best popsingle since My brave face(I am not saying it is his best song from that period - far from it)
Let s agree that we disagree and maybe when the album comes out find some stuff that we can agree that we both like or don t like And just like I miraculously one day started to enjoy Macca 2 you and others will wake up one morning and SING WHEN WE WERE NEW.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:43 pm

oh, i'm not offended, M: in fact, i assumed some of your...effusiveness was meant to be humorous

still, i remain...perplexed at the adoration New is getting so oft...

i just don't, even now, after all the listenings i've done, find a song that is all that fantastic...or groundbreaking...or highly inventive...

it just a nice song...that's all

but that is just me...my simple little humble o

i'm just at a loss at what others are hearing/experiencing because, to my ears, it's not all that spectacular

but i am overjoyed that others are so happy...my heart is filled with that special glow that you are entranced beyond measure...now bring on the good stuff, maccy !! :wink:
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:08 am

Inventive it s not -just a good catchy tune that to my(and many others) ears sparkles with joy and confidence
Penny Lane it s not But then what is?
Let s see what this little popsong menas in the context of the album that-so the saying goes-contains all kind of music I e wouldn tsay that electisism is something new for Macca most of his albums ave very varied . For me the most important things are the songs not the sounds. A good song can work in a bad production but a bad song does t (in the log run)work even if the production and sound are great or "inventive"

Even though I personally feel good when I listen to new loud in my car I feel slightly nervous concerning the hype of the album. Maccas own comparisons with Sergeant Pepper or Revolver(he says the new album is up there with them) doesn t help. However good the new album will be I doubt if it will be up to the standard of some of the albums that are generally regarded as the best and most groundbreaking ever. If he made an album that has the quality of Flaming Pie or Chaos I would be very pleased if he made an album with thw quality of Ram or BONR it would be sensational
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 am

Maybe this is what is needed to turn NEW into a household song and a hit From Maccas website

As inventor Flint Lockwood returns to the island of Swallow Falls to save the world – again! – he’ll be doing it to the brand new beat from Paul as his single, 'New', will be featured in the film 'Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2'.

Paul told us, "I loved watching the first Cloudy with my kids, so I'm very happy to have my new song included in Cloudy 2."
Maybe this news from Maccas website is what is needed to turn NEW into a major hit - a place on the soundtrack of a major movie
'New', which is produced by Mark Ronson and now available for sale as a digital download, is the title track from Paul’s forthcoming 'New' album, set for release on October 14th in the UK and October 15th in the US.

Lia Vollack, president of Worldwide Music for Sony Pictures, said, “We’re thrilled and honoured to have Paul’s infectious and inspiring song in the film. The sequence in the film is about Flint Lockwood optimistically beginning what he thinks will be a new and exciting chapter in his life, so as soon as we heard ‘New’ we thought that everything about it was perfect.”

'Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2' is directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn with a screenplay by Erica Rivinoja and John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein. The story is by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller and Erica Rivinoja, inspired by the book 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' written by Judi Barrett and illustrated by Ron Barrett. The film is produced by Pam Marsden and Kirk Bodyfelt.

Check out the film's website HERE!
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:30 am

:? ... hmmm...BONR ???

i hope you mean BOTR...'cause, otherwise...why so frustrated ? :wink:
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:38 am

Im always frustrated part of my persona
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Something doesn't seem right about a sentence that contains the phrase "Ram or BONR"... :shock:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions