Expectations for the NEW album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Expectations for the NEW album

Postby lobbybobby » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:19 pm

mhnso wrote:Me like the NEW single to and feel confident that the new album will contain good material for diehardmaccafans like me..but the hype and buzz that talks about his best, defining moments etc makes me a little bit nervous to. I mean no one expects Paul do deliver a new Revolver or even Band on the Run at this stage of his career -but that is the comparisons the man himself and insiders actually are spreading to the world right now. Time will tell.

By the way I am usually the first person who point out that taste is subjective and what we hear is all personal. But this time is beyond me that some of the other hardcoremaccafans here doesn't seem to enjoy this NEW single. It was a long time ago our hero released something so clearly mccartnesque than this one - in a positive way. He even outmccartnesque himself this time. But that s life. Unless there is something wrong with their ears-sorry mr H :-D
This little video I also posted somewhere else clearly proves my point about this NEW one
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/521fc4 ... -glenn.php

Here Here!!!

Or is it Hear Hear? :shock:
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm

That's one of the great things about being a macca-lite. We're guaranteed to disagree about... just about everything. I love the outro. In fact, it's a classic example of something Paul does and almost no one else.

H, it does bear resemblance to things he's done before. I enjoy that he isn't hiding...or running from his past. He's embracing it. If there was a pinch of Beatles in Chaos...and a smidge of Wings in MAF, then there just might be another dash of his past in this one too. If we're lucky
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:46 pm

The one thing we agree about is that we don t agree . I find the outro musical genius and the single one of Pauls best in à very long time Mr H it took me 25 years before I liked your beloved McCartney 2. So 20 years from now You maybe love Maccas great new single
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:16 pm

oh, don't get me wrong...i completely grok that, big C...it's just that there were some who were expousing a sense of brilliant return/interpretation like it had never been done before...and i'm all like...yeah, it has...he just did it, last album...he quite often does that...and done it, like all over MAF, quite better (IMHO) so what's the big deal...

listened to it a couple of times yesterday...and i still don't sense anything stunning, groundbreaking or beyond a nice new track: for me it still has an overly familiar feel...

i am glad there are those quite taken by it...i do not dislike it...i just don't see what all the OTT fuss is...it is, for me (so far), an average macca track...which is still better than most, but not quite a drop-to-my-knees-and-thank-the-gods moment at all

while some were/are (mysteriously) gushing from the get-go......i'm more like...uh, OK...next
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:58 pm

The Sun newspaper has a little prewiew of the album. It s look like this album will be something that even the most hard to please fans will find something they can enjoy - no names mentioned here

ALBUM A CLASSIC IN THE MACC-ING
PAUL McCARTNEY’s latest album, titled New, is shaping up to be one of the best releases of the year.
Bizarre has had a secret early listen to a handful of the songs from the record, due for release on October 14.
On Save Us, ADELE’s right-hand man PAUL EPWORTH has worked his magic to make Macca sound like THE STROKES.
The new-wave track is a proper rock song with a fast-paced vocal from the BEATLES legend.
It’s unmistakably Macca but there’s also a bit of Epworth’s Adele collaboration Rolling In The Deep, and his work with bands like THE RAKES, THE FUTUREHEADS and BLOC PARTY in there.
Save Us is the kind of song that should be played by both Radio 1 and Radio 2 and make a decent dent in the charts.
Queenie Eye is also an Epworth production but it makes more nods to Sir Paul’s past than Save Us. Fans will hear bits of Band On The Run, Lady Madonna and Sgt Pepper in the mix.
Everybody Out There is another standout from New. It is powered by acoustic guitar and has a middle section with a singalong crowd chant. It will sound brilliant live.
The album also has a couple of stripped-down songs that are collaborations with KINGS OF LEON producer ETHAN JOHNS, and other tracks made with MARK RONSON.
From what we’ve heard so far, Paul’s decision to work with great young producers on his first original pop album in six years has paid off.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 pm

i'm going to be honest...i'm cracking. why don't we have a list of songs yet? we usually do this close to a new album's release. I think...it could be...that these producers...who go on and on about how this is the greatest thing since sliced bread...are only padding their reputation with these statements.

I think the name of upcoming album is new. right?...new? are we sure of his? why the secrecy? this isn't undercover james bond stuff. it's the release of a rock/pop album.

most unusual...is all i'm saying.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Yeah, Chris, I think the album is called New. By the way, there was a thread here once bemoaning the lack of color and cheer in our kid's album covers and it looks like more of the same on that front as I believe the cover of this album is white with those black lines representing the title "New". That's the way it appears on iTunes for preordering. Ho hum...I am anticipating a great album, but it's a pretty drab cover. I could be wrong of course... :-?? Hopefully?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:16 am

Here s what we know so far about the songs on the new album

New - a popsong most of us already heard and loved by some-including me. Anyway - whatever happens this song will always be NEW
Save us -produced by Paul Epworth-described as a rocksong with fast paced vocals
Queenie eye - Epworth again oddly enough described as a mixture between sergeant pepper, BONR,and Lady Madonna. Hmmm
Everybody out there-seems to have influenced the name of current tour. Acoustic driven and some kind of singalong chant
Hosannah-described as a great ballad sort of song
Alligator-Ronson production described as hard and brooding
Struggle- Epworth again. Some preview said it s a definingng moment and Pauls greatest solo song. Might be the same song as Save us though because when that preview were made the tittles weren t ready

This is exiting and the marketing builds up a hype I haven t experienced for a long time regarding Macca .
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 am

mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:20 am

:-?? ...looks...familiar...like i've seen it somewhere before....
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions