Rockshow

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Rockshow

Postby L Dozier » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 pm

chris wrote:...i'm curious what members here have to say. have they noticed anything wrong? if you watch/listen thru tv speakers you may not notice anything wrong. but if you listen thru a stereo...especially one with a sub-woofer...the low end disappears, then reappears a few seconds later. not just the bass guitar...but the low end of...everything.

I haven't watched the whole show yet, but for the bit that I did, it's as if the audio goes in and out of phase. Noticed it right away - I thought, "What the hell is this?" That fits Chris's description of it, as it's the low frequencies that are affected most by channels being out of phase.

Aside from any phase issue, the sound on the DVD is surprisingly dull. This was on the "big" stereo, not just through the crummy little TV speakers.
L Dozier

Postby chris » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:12 pm

got my new disc rom Kristen at eagle rock. she was very polite. very courteous. and quite prompt. the new disc sounds exactly the way it is supposed to. great, full sound. booming bass. it's as if I was at the concert.anyone who might have a bad disc should e-mail her at custsvc@eaglerockent.com you only have to attach a copy of your receipt.

received my new just days after contacting her. my old disc...is now the shiniest coaster in my living room.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 am

Just bought the disc - no problem as far as I could tell. So now I own both the deluxeedition and Rockshow. Pricey as they are I think Maccas deluxe editions beats most of the boxsets out there. WOA deluxe is so much more than the album. It s the books, pictures, replicas of tourpogrammes etc that is made with so much care and gives you a new level of experience. In early october I will also attend a screening of Rockshow in a local cinema. Maybe all this is a bit of an overkill concerning WOA/rockshow but never mind. It really is a great concert/liverecordning with Macca at the absolute top of his game. Some of the songs may not be his best but the performances are mostly stunning. They just don t make them like this anymore.

Some favorites:
Venus and mars/rockshow/jet(one of the best liveopenings ever)
MAybe Im amazed (everything is genius here)
Iv just seen a face/Long and winding road(the singing my my)
Beware my love(the singing and Jimmys guitar holy cow)
call me back again(the singing oh my)
Letting Go(the basslines - oh dear)

If I had to chose only one Macca-nonbeatlesrecording this might be the one
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions