Rockshow

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Rockshow

Postby chris » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:58 pm

evidently, amazon has been flooded with complaints. bass drop outs...dvd freezes at "go now"...even some synchronizing issues where you see joe English pound a snare drum, then hear it as he pulls his hand back up to strike again...so many that best buy, barnes and noble have temporarily made it unavailable.

finally, amazon responded to mass complaints about the disc...

A break through of sorts...see below a reply I've just received from Amazon

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with the information you've found regarding the similar issue mentioned in forums.stevehoffman.tv.

In this case, we've already contacted the manufacturer Eagle Rock to investigate this issue.

I've also requested this "Rockshow [Blu-ray] [2013]" to be reviewed by our fulfilment team. If the investigation has approved, this product will be removed from sale to make sure it doesn't happen again to you or to other customers.

In the meantime, please return the item back to us for full refund as previously mentioned.

We hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,
Vivekanandan.M

for those who want something done about it...

we could also blow up eagle rock's facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/EagleRockEnt?h ... ion=stream
Last edited by chris on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Wow. You wait thirty years for this release and this happens...sorry about your bad luck (and everyone else's, it seems), Chris. I'm glad I waited to purchase this inferior product. Hopefully the flaw will be corrected.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccafan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:06 pm

Something else we might consider is e-mailing McCartney's guitarist and letting them know and I'm sure they'll let McCartney know.

They do look at e-mails because I've e-mailed them before and I received a reply.

It might help, couldn't hurt.
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm

oh...really ??

ahem...

dear rusty/brian(denny, et.al.)

i recently purchased the rockshow concert disc (did not !! he's lying !!) and boy am i disappointed !!

so, in lieu of actually having anything done about that...i suggest it's high time mccartney release that frikkin new album instead...that'd make up for it all !!

thanks !!
sincerely...me

(you can all thank me if this works !)
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby maccafan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:34 pm

It's up to you, I just think it couldn't hurt.
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 am

All they can say is DUH? or NO. Might work. Stranger things have happened and miracles do work. But H, could we be a little less sarcastic? I love sarcasm but I am being told constantly that one can get more flies with honey than vinegar. Not to say I want flies but . . . .you get my gist.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:23 pm

:-??

sorry, G4...my post was not meant to be sarcastic in the slighest

i was going for whimsy and it must've fallen flat on my hoisted petard...whatever that is...

to any and all offended...i deeply and humbly apologize

seriously...really......honest
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby chris » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:44 pm

i have a friend that has been trying hard to contact eagle rock (the company that pressed these mostly defective disks) and he finally got an acknowledgement...

To all those who have the defect rockshow my contact at eagle has responded with this I hope it helps those affected.
First email Thanks for your email. We are expecting a new batch being delivered today or tomorrow and then we will start sending out. This batch has been check over and over and there are no signs of the bass drop outs. It will be another week to the new batch will arrive in Amazon stores.and...

2nd email
There are two options. You can send the disc only back to our offices in either London or New York and we will replace it. We will also refund you any posting costs. Or you can wait a week or two (more information to follow when I get it) and send it to Amazon. Amazon won’t replace them automatically as it seems there was just one faulty batch as 99% of customers have experienced no problems at all.

The addresses are

Disc Return
Eagle House
22 Armoury Way
London
SW18 1EZ

Or

Disc Return
Eagle Rock Entertainment
1755 Broadway
5th Floor
NYC NY 10019

Please make sure you send back only the disc and a return address.

i have, myself, contacted amazon and they are aware of the problem. the customer rep said they won't be getting new pressing for another month and a half. but even then...no guarantees it'll be from the new batch.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 pm

amazon as officially, temporarily stopped selling it.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

...if anyone has this disc, and they have a problem...return it. the bass drop outs are much more noticeable if listened thru a soundsystem with a sub woofer. but the only way it'll get fixed is if people complain about it
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:45 pm

our very own jimmymccollochfan has posted rockshow in its entirety on youtube. even there...the mix is wrong. you can barely hear the backing vocals at all.

i'm curious what members here have to say. have they noticed anything wrong? if you watch/listen thru tv speakers you may not notice anything wrong. but if you listen thru a stereo...especially one with a sub-woofer...the low end disappears, then reappears a few seconds later. not just the bass guitar...but the low end of...everything.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions