WOA Best Buy Version

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: WOA Best Buy Version

Postby cd1500rpm » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 pm

For those interested in these things:

It debuted at #22 on the U.S. Billboard albums chart. Not bad considering most releases are single disc & priced at $9.99.
cd1500rpm

Postby efghijiloveyou » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:38 pm

22, wow. That's surprising for a nearly 40 year old live album. I've only ever had this album on vinyl and haven't played it in years; maybe there are a lot of people like me who thought it was time to upgrade to cd! :razz: Or maybe it's proof that there is indeed a great hunger among Macca fans to hear some of the old Wings songs in a live setting. Songs like Beware My Love, Magneto and Titanium Man, Letting Go, Spirits of Ancient Egypt (so cool!) and Call Me Back Again are rare live recordings and it's a treat to hear them again. As someone said already, the bass and drums really stand out on this album (especially on Spirits of Ancient Egypt). Also Medicine Jar really rocks- kinda sounds like a real band. \M/
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jgkojak » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:10 pm

As far as overdubs - Madiger and Easter in Eight Arms To Hold You do a pretty thorough analysis of each take on the album and compare it to the bootlegs of the same performances -

they say that despite rumors, most of WOA is what was played on stage and they can't detect any obvious instrumental or even vocal overdubs - so Macca's statement about just tightening the harmonies sounds about right
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions