Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon May 27, 2013 12:02 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but Paul was rocking the pop charts in the 70s and early 80s. Paul redefined his musical 'voice' and became popular to a new generation. To imply nobody cares about his solo work ignores history.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon May 27, 2013 12:08 am

true dat, EF !!

and you, maccafan, you are a true macca fan !!

i, too, think he could easily do a 'solo' tour under the conditions as you mention...

would there be some whiners...yup, heck, alot of us are whining now..i admit it !!

but they are there to see him...paul mccartney...and the great music they'll hear might just overcome the prejudices some might bring

it's been awhile since i mentioned this, but when i saw him in atlanta on the FITD tour...the crowd around me was pretty even beatle fans, wings fans, paul fans...and just music-loving gawkers wanting to see one of the old dinosaurs..

everyone loved the show..except for a few beatle fans..they mewled and whined alot...the dinosaur hunters loved the show, one said he was better than clapton..and the young, teen girls to my right sang along with every new song: we sell an awful lot of music lovers short when we think, just as macca seems to often do now, that the only thing the crowd'll stand for is 'the hits'

mccartney is the hit they want to see
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon May 27, 2013 9:13 am

H,

I agree whole heartedly. The fans (no matter who they are or what age) are there to see the man. The music seems to be secondary in some instances. I went to all the concerts I did because of PAUL MCCARTNEY. Of course, I love the music (not too fond of some songs) but I was basically there to see Paul and how he performed his MAGIC. And it was ALL magical!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jgkojak » Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm

I was 8 years old when Silly Love Songs and Let 'em In were popular - I remember my dad had the 8-track of Speed of Sound - when I was 10 or so and started buying my own records - I was hooked -

And then I came across 62-66 and 67-70, and it dawned on me that the Paul guy was also in the Beatles - and I was hooked there too.

So Wings got me into The Beatles.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon May 27, 2013 9:36 pm

jg,

I was there from the beginning. Or well from 1964 and have been a fan of Paul's from then on. It was Paul from the beginning but the music I enjoyed a lot also.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby ringo7165 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 am

Here’s my pitch gang:

Paul announces (MPL) a tour of Macca solo:

1970-1996

All Paul
(let’s focus on only TOP 40 anywhere).....so "letting Go" can fit in too ( mary had a litttle lamb" also works well, especially if "sally" bring the kids"

Including, but not limited to,

SAY, SAY,SAY, The Girl Is mine

2 hours,
plus a few video enhanced BEATLE related smashes from 95-6, performed live by PAUL

Free As a Bird
*REAL Love

that's the finale....
ringo7165

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:20 pm

..and the pitch is high and outside...ball four...runner walks !!

hmmmm...obviously, methinks a all-paul set list is mighty fine...but deploying a mostly, if not all, top 40 list might easily have too, too many repeats from other concerts for me...

i'd much rather see him do nothing but new and/or never-before-played-live-stuff all a variety of albums, all solo..

would love to see him have ringo in there (the real ringo...sorry, mate ! :salute ) instead of 'real love' and/or 'free...'

they could easily do all the songs they've worked on together off pauls solo stuff...and i'd rather see ringo do a few of his songs with paul than paul do john songs to honor the past

but...that's just me and my humble o'

thanks for sharing, R...keep up the paulfaith
mr h atom

Postby ringo7165 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:10 am

as usual, great points to consider from the Mr. H Atom

Good call, he can skip a slew of the top 40 redundant one's, just replace them with the other ones that have never been played ( that even your casual retro folks will say " Oh I liked that one, I didn't know it was him....like 12 times during the show.....sprinkle it in with ones that are easy to swallow ( through our love, only love remains...and try to captivate the entire audience from a massive sit down if you can...pace well, deliver familiarity, dump obvious hits for lesser known under the radar stuff ( Arrow, closer, spies, girl's school, venus/rock show....there are a lot

and sure, bring on the real ringo for La De Da, You're Sixteen ( Paul plays kazoo on that), Six O'clock, Walk with me, Attention, Pure Gold etc....So Bad...etc...etc...etc

you are right on the money man...and it's time they do it together.....Ringo still gets to play with all stars - and is welcome to play drums for the entire show

top it off with Photograph...and roll out the gigantic reels of the fabs behind them

then Goodnight tonight

2 hours and 12 minutes...."goodnight...see you next time"

( .........long drive...if it stays fair, it's gone !)
ringo7165

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 pm

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 pm

I agree with H but I want to hear the No No Song.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours