Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun May 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Well, I like both suggestions here, but to be different I'm gonna go with Old Siam, Sir.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm

nice...nice...another day...and if macca were ever to do one of those one-off concerts wherein he'd be backed up by an orchestra ??

tug of war would be the best place to kick it off...and put a smile on my maccalovin' face
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Guys,

There are lots of songs I would love to hear. Monkberry Moon Delight, Oh Darling!, Wine Dark Open Seas but I think I would really LOVE to hear and this is forgetting his frail voice and all, I'M DOWN!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue May 21, 2013 9:59 pm

He did "I'm Down" on Good Evening New York...but I'm certain you didn't forget that now, G, did you? :-h
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 pm

And...it was a rousing version of it...

Yep indeedy
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccafan » Wed May 22, 2013 5:06 am

This is a rock concert, and I just think songs like Mother, Mr. Kite and All Together now are totally lame for a rock concert, just my opinion.

I'd much rather hear McCartney rock out with songs like...

Getting Closer
Big Barn Bed
Old Siam Sir
Rockestra Theme
Angry
The Mess
Girlschool
Not Such A Bad Boy

I mean I could go on because he has so many songs that are just better!

I know he may never perform any of my suggestions, but who knows, we didn't exspect Hi Hi Hi did we?
Speaking of Hi Hi Hi, I think McCartney has it in the wrong spot in the setlist, it should be an encore, in fact I think it should be the very last song performed before the band leaves the stage for good. It's perfect to end the night with that hyper fast rocking ending, leaving the crowd wanting more!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby eggman1979 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:04 am

Maccafan I get your point but, as you know, a Paul's concert involves not only rock but many ballads too, and he's been doing it since...always. The songs you mentioned are geat but It is difficult for me to remember a Paul's show wich includes only rock songs, maybe those firts gigs of the University tour in 1972 but those are the only ones. Even the Wings over America/World tours includes songs like The long and winding road, Yesterday, Bluebird, My love etc. Personally, I think that a Paul's show which doesn't include some wonderfull ballads would be....incomplete and I think Mr Kite is a soft rock song. I'd love to hear his current set list live.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby lobbybobby » Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Well I had the pleasure, honor, and the greatest night of my life this past Saturday, May 18th in Orlando watching Macca live for the very 1st time. I have every release from Please Please Me to KOTB, except the 1st two Fireman, and the classical stuff. I was always one who would support a setlist that included mostly solo or Wings stuff, and very little Beatles. That all changed on Saturday. When he is up there all alone doing Yesterday, it was truly a religious experience for me. I've said for a while if I heard Hey Jude one more time, I'd gag. Well, when you're there live you can't wait for it, and when the whole arena joins in, it is awe inspiring. He did a really nice job on Hope of Deliverance, but at the end it was a smattering of applasue, but nothing like the ovations when he was Beatle Paul. That's just the way it is folks. Paul hears this, wants his shows to be high energy, and the crowd to be totally into it, and the way to do that is by playing Beatle tunes. Anyone clamoring for obscure tracks like Angry, or the Mess can just forget it Ain't gonna happen.

p.s.

Was never a fan of Eight Days a Week, and was hoping for Venuis & Mars to open, but it was absolutely stunning to hear it live with Paul, and his band.
catch up...cats and kittens...don't get left behind...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed May 22, 2013 6:53 pm

efghi,

Um. I forgot. Hey! I've slept since then. I can't be expected to remember ALL the songs he has sung in concert, am I? Well just to let you know, I'm not. On the other hand, I would LOVE to remember all the songs he has sung in concerts. What a fantabulous memory I would have and trust me, I can barely remember what I did yesterday let along back in NYC. But hey, if he can sing Let It Be again and again, then he can sing I'm Down again. Just saying.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed May 22, 2013 11:07 pm

congrats, lobby !!

glad you got that experience...i can honestly say i felt the exact same way the first time i saw him: screw what anyone thinks the setlist should be...and, yes, he gears it directly toward that sort of audience (the very likely 1st and only time crowd) , it's all meant to surround you, envelope you and take you away like just about nothing else...

...on a comparable note, other than my first gir...ummm.....well.....y'know.......i know exactly what you mean by a near religious experience...

it is that huge a moment, eh ?

happy for ya, pard'...you'll never forget it....
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours