ban guns!

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jet » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:58 pm

And of that there can be no doubt.
jet

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:28 am

quote:Originally posted by nicholeantoinette
I understand your perspective & I also know that you weren't specifically calling me a "little hippie Beatles fan" even though I am...well, maybe not the "little" part. But I've been called a dreamer, an optimist, etc. In My Life.

I think arming ourselves against "them" only perpetuates the cycle...time will reveal how this all works itself out from an evolutionary perspective. I have no doubt that there will be peace on Earth.

Agreed - a vicious circle and all that. They have guns, so we have to have 'em too, so they have to get stronger weapons, so we have to . . . where will it end! [:0][V]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby nicholeantoinette » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:30 pm

It will end when we put down the guns as a whole, I think -- including the military. This whole "survival of the fittest," "only the strong survive" philosophy must go. It is so stone age in my view.
nicholeantoinette

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:47 pm

quote:It will end when we put down the guns as a whole, I think -- including the military.

I think we're getting waaaaayy ahead of ourselves now. It's great to dream, never stop dreaming, hoping, and praying. But "including the military?" Yes, in an ideal world. But it will be a looooooooooong time before that happens. There are so many wars and confilcts in the world, I can't even count them anymore. It's horrible. Heck, our administration is drafting war plans against Iraq as we speak.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:52 pm

That's a so utopic thing thinking military corps. will be banning weapons...it would be good if was so. We only can dream hearing "Imagine", and being peaceful... Look at Bush, he has been allowed by the American congressists to attack only Iraquian military targets but many poor civilian may die if Saddam Hussein refuses the investigation about his war arsenal, but have to remmember that Saddam has an evil mind and can use chemical or byological weapons to spread the terror... I'm fear for the world's future if nuclear weapons are getting in the hands of a guy like Saddam!! The peaceful people only can pray for peace, so let's just do it!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby nicholeantoinette » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:12 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
quote:It will end when we put down the guns as a whole, I think -- including the military.

I think we're getting waaaaayy ahead of ourselves now. It's great to dream, never stop dreaming, hoping, and praying. But "including the military?" Yes, in an ideal world. But it will be a looooooooooong time before that happens.

...as long as you believe that it will happen, I'm glad!! [:X]
nicholeantoinette

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:18 am

Ram - I'd advise you to wipe that lipstick mark off your face quick! [;)]
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:21 am

I quite like that mark, SIR!
Ram1

Postby megs » Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:12 pm

better not show it to ur girl friend[;)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:04 am

Very nice thoughtful posts by the members here.
I am in favor a handgun controls too. They need to do psycological testing before they issue a gun to anyone, which would probably eliminate lots of them. But if people want to kill other people, they can always make their own toys like those sick kids at Columbine.
Speaking of Columbine, did that one kid really have 100 pipe bombs in his bedroom? Did anyone follow that horrific event that closely?
Where in the he** were the parents?
I admit I do not follow the news that closely.
My boyfriend mentions horrible things like there being a sniper murdering people, but I hate watching the news. I get angry and upset.
There's always another child being murdered by their parents, another animal cruelty story, another war....
I feel so helpless and frightened.
I think of all the nice people I know and try to feel better.
I also am one of those "little hippie Beatle fans."
Give Peace A Chance. Always.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN