Rumoured WOA tracklisting

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Rumoured WOA tracklisting

Postby james1985 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 pm

No price for the deluxe package on UK amazon yet, standard CD is £12, vinyl £36.74
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 pm

james1985 wrote:Feel for the poor unwilling girlfriends/boyfriends/wives/husbands all over the world who are going to have to sit through Rockshow on May 15th....

this is hilarious. I was just thinking something quite similar. I hope my wife still loves me. because she may have mixed feelings after Richard Cory...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 am

Wings over America has always been one of my "guilty pleasures". Think this was a very good version of Wings but some of the songs from that era might not be all that hot. When it comes to Pauls singing I actually thing WOA is one of the best,if not the best,album of all. His voice was really SMOKIN this period. His rock voice is absolutely at the top on several tracks the same goes for his ballad singing. I said it before and say it again - his reading of long and Winding road here might be the best Paul vocaldelivery ever released. Balladsinging that is.
Also the bassplaying on this album is stunning - upfront and in your face. Letting Go gives a proof of that.
So all in all this is one of the great 70:s rock live albums.
Does that mean that I will have to buy the deluxe edition. Absolutely not but as I am real sucker for these items one never know.
One thing I do know is that I won t bring my wife to watch Rockshow in a theatre. I will stick to the bluerayedition of that wonderful film
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby klausab » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 am

mhnso wrote:Holy cow that deluxe thing looks ever so cool Probably not the cheapest item A very good thing that blueray rock show is à separate item Dunno yet

You can say that again! The pre release price on Amazon in Germany is ca. 195 €.
klausab

Postby mhnso » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 am

170 euro? That s a lot for a rockn roll live album. But of course there is four books and a dvd included. BUT NOT ONE SINGLE HAIR FROM JOE ENGLISH BEARD. I am deeply disappointed
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 am

Know what, mhnso? You're right...you deserve better. You want some Joe English beard?I know people...I can get you some Joe English beard.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 am

Do they have some of Denny Laines WOA touring socks as well?
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 pm

In case you all don't know and I did not read that long one, but glanced, but here is what I found out from an e-mail sent me by Paul's website.

Wings over America deluxe set with all sorts of goodies released May 27 but does not say whether the UK or the US
DVD release of Rockshow on June 10
Rockshow in select theaters on May 15.

I checked my area for the movie and none close and the ones listed are too far or either I have no idea where they are and I am NO longer an adventurous soul. Too old.

But you know what guys, I just may break down and swallow my pride and get the WOA boxed set. May be the one and only one I EVER own but I think I will enjoy the goodies over the music. Don't get me wrong, I really like this album but I am the kind of girl who likes the goodies that come with the package. The booklets, the stickers, the photos, etc. Now I am 'cited. But when I see the price, I will probably have heart palpitations.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby cd1500rpm » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:00 pm

The US Amazon price is $140. Probably around $155 after tax & shipping. That's my monthly electric/gas bill. Yikes!! Maybe I should start now & set aside $20 a week until it's released??
cd1500rpm

Postby mr h atom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 pm

:sad: $140 ?!?!?!! ~X(

light out WOAlust...head on out to sea...light out WOAlust...that's much too big a fee... :?:

:-D
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions