Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Postby bravefan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Eggman, Indy? Really?? Yessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 pm

I think ANY song Paul sings he could tone it down to accommodate his ever frail voice. He did it with Kisses and I don't see why he could not do it with a nice rock song. Oh! Darling would be great done in a bluesy type way. To tell the truth, I think Paul could do ANY of his songs without straining his voice, if he wanted to.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:27 pm

he probably could, g4. if...he wanted to. but he rarely strays from the original arrangement.

I heard him do a c&w version of can't buy me love, years ago (and I do not groove to country at all) but it was incredible. just the fact that he was willing, that once, to try something different live gave chills. i'd like to see him do more of that. i'm just not going to count on it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:08 pm

No Chris, I will not hold my breath. Sally G was a bit country. I heard on an acoustic set on a classic rock station here Rocky Raccoon done in a different way. Not bad either. I don't do country but Paul has done a couple songs with a country flavor.

But again, I will not hold my breath for Paul to stray too far from the original. Too bad too because some songs would sound really good.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby lobbybobby » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Just announced Orlando May 18!!!

I finally will get to see my hero live. :ymparty:

It's only taken 50 years for him and I to get together.

Tickets for amx holders on sale Tuesday, all others Friday the 12th.

Rock on!!!
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Greg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Let's hope he drops:
Here Today
Let Me Roll It
Something
Drive My Car
Eleanor Rigby
These songs have become very tired in the setlist.

With the reissues that have come out and future releases on the way why not
include songs like: Eat At Home, Smile Away, Ooh You, Bluebird and Silly Love Songs

Beatle Songs like: What Your Doing, Love Me Do, Another Girl and bring back "I Will"
Greg

Postby eggman1979 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm

bravefan wrote:Eggman, Indy? Really?? Yessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right. According to my source on twitter, this show is gonna be officially announced next Friday.

Also, I took this note from Macca report:

April 9, 2013 -- Indianapolis Star

Will Paul McCartney wing his way to Indy?

Former Beatle will launch 'Out There' world tour in May

Let it be here?

Paul McCartney has announced seven U.S. dates for his 2013 tour, and it's likely Indianapolis soon will be part of the rock 'n' roll icon's itinerary.

Bankers Life Fieldhouse plans to host a by-invite event announcement titled "Out There" - also the title of McCartney's tour - on Friday. The announcement will be preceded by an English breakfast, an appropriate meal to salute a musician who grew up in Liverpool and captivated the world as a member of the Beatles.

The "Out There" tour begins on May 4 in Brazil. The U.S. dates announced so far: May 18 in Orlando, Fla.; May 22 in Austin, Texas; May 26 in Memphis, Tenn.; May 29 in Tulsa, Okla.; July 9 in Boston; July 12 in Washington, D.C.; and July 19 in Seattle.

As a solo artist, McCartney performed at Bankers Life Fieldhouse (previously known as Conseco Fieldhouse) in 2002 and at Market Square Arena in 1990. He played two shows with the Beatles at the Indiana State Fair in 1964.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Greg,

Nice choice of songs. Don't care for Eat at Home but I am still in favor of hearing Monkberry Moon Delight. I love that song!!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bravefan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:07 pm

A friend told me that Indy will be announced on Friday, April 12.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:08 pm

I've been giving this some thought...I call upon paul fans to join me in declaring: paul, we release you. whatever social setlist contract you think exists between us is officially now and forever nullified, voided and torn asunder. you are officially pardoned.

please: play whatever you want. forgo the hits, play the misses. play jazz, play bluegrass. throw out the selist altogether. try improvising, try...(gasp)...failing. do anything but this put upon resignation to the slavish "demands" of your fans, because frankly, it makes us all sound like jerks.

for once, paul...play a concert for yourself.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours