Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Postby Awesoman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 3-20130320

Looks like someone already beat me to the punch in another thread with this info, but here's a link about it. He seems to change up the setlist with each new tour so who knows what he'll be singing with this one. I'm guessing some stuff off the new album is probable. What other songs in his repetiore has he not yet covered?
Awesoman

Re: Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Postby chris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:56 pm

thanks again, a. you know...I've been one of the few who doesn't mind the incremental changes in his set list. each tour, like you said, he's given us 5 never been heard live songs. that's going to have to do. at least it'll do for me. as long as he continues to do that...

every now and then one becomes a keeper. it wasn't that long ago that thinking he'd play I've got a feeling and helter skelter was a pipe dream. now look...they're normies.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Anyone think he could do Martha my dear,when i'm 64 or OH darling! ?Or would they possibly not work well in concert?thoughts?
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jeremy K2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Excellent news. Now the postponed (that's what we were told) Australian Tour can happen after only more than twelve years or so.
Jeremy K2

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:14 am

flextint wrote:Anyone think he could do Martha my dear,when i'm 64 or OH darling! ?Or would they possibly not work well in concert?thoughts?

I think you have to admit Macca is limited to what he can perform these days. "Oh Darling" would surely finish his voice for good and he would struggle with the range of the other two.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Rumours say that he will be playing Brazil, Las Cruces New Mexico, Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Venice, Italy.

Mexico, Costa Rica and Argentina didn't make the final cut.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh! Darling would be great and he CAN tone down his voice to accommodate it. If he can sing in the range on "Kisses" he certainly can do it with Oh! Darling. It might not be the same but it would be different and I personally think it would sound GREAT!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 am

It would be interesting to hear our kid do some of his songs in a somewhat different style, G4B. I'm not suggesting that he drastically change any of them, just tweak some of them to accomodate his voice.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:01 pm

yes, EF, G4 and the fab flexy: ..'member the 'chaos' special..?? 'lady madonna' ?? he can switch the thing around and have it be very nice...very special, indeed: a bluesy, smoky 'oh, darlin' would be splendiferous, methinks

all those songs could easily be done, with panache...gusto...and WITHOUT STRAINING HIS VOICE !!

oh, and Awes initially asked "what other songs...not yet covered ?"...oh, only about 80-90% of them :-D

JK2 : sorry the land down under seems, at the moment, to be not on the radar, hope that changes soon

for that matter...did he ever get back to ...where was it...denmark or sweden...or wherever he had to cancel a few shows a year or two ago over the lost voice ??

i think he he should be visiting those all places alot more than all these places he's been so often: reality speaks loudly and the end of the end is not that far off, no matter how much we may hope otherwise...these fans around the world have divested just as much of thier lives in the lad as anyone else...can't think of a sane reason why he doesn't get around much anymore

from a certain perspective, it could almost seem like he's more focused on the quick, easy $$ right now...and not-so-much about the fans and the art (see all my posts about setlists: unlike my twin...i'm not so forgiving; i think he's selling his legacy, especially his deep and varied solo legacy, short)...i know he can't go everywhere, man...but he certainly seems to have no problem going back to pretty much the same places quite often...kinda like that setlist, no ?

still...it is good to know he's at least trying...and better to hear rumors that he may include some new songs...best if he realized/decided that it might be time to fit in all those places he may very well not get to go as time goes by
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby savillerowdie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:48 pm

savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours