Macca Reissue program - Missed Opportunities

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Re: Macca Reissue program - Missed Opportunities

Postby Awesoman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 pm

mhnso wrote:Im sorry about that one
^:)^

It's cool. :ugeek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Awesoman

Re: Macca Reissue program - Missed Opportunities

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 pm

The reissues or remastered ones are fine and dandy but I WANT A NEW ALBUM OF NEW SONGS.

There I said it and I'm glad. You listening out there Paul?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Re: Macca Reissue program - Missed Opportunities

Postby Awesoman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Girl4Beats wrote:The reissues or remastered ones are fine and dandy but I WANT A NEW ALBUM OF NEW SONGS.

There I said it and I'm glad. You listening out there Paul?

You do realize that he is working on a new album? There's even another thread on this very forum about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Awesoman

Postby Awesoman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 pm

This little tidbit popped up concerning the Wings Over America release:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... exclusive/
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 pm

thanks...nice...i guess...ho hum

actually...the idea of RSD bores me...i've no ambition whatsover to go out and get a turntable...and the offerings are always so slim in pickings that any release is really just for those suddenly enamored with a yearning for a system that has just as many varied imperfections as the one prevelant (but also dying thanks to the meddling of the corporations) now: cd's

...now, get the record co.'s to produce quality cds at realistic prices ???...i might be a wee bit excited...

either way, right now...there aren't any real record stores anywhere in my area...so...big deal

anyway...the way i figure it, if, as an artist, you have nothing new to offer to your buying public (i.e.: fans) but retreads of stuff you failed to put out at a high quality level item to begin with...and then you dangle that same public along, act as if you're doing them all a favor by overcharging them for something you should've done right the first time...then you don't really care about them all that much to begin with

fool me once...shame on me...fool me twice...shame on me ...again
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:05 pm

you might be being sort of hard on the guy, big h. many artists, if not all of them, have alternate versions of songs that never see the light of day. and just as many have songs that didn't make the cut. but they're still out there. back in the day you put out an album a year...and chose the best 10-12 songs you had at that time to go on that album. bonus songs are a relatively new(er) creation...only heard on cd releases (or remastered re-releases) or bootlegs. for many...this is the first chance to hear some of these songs...and usually never at such a high quality.

it'd be easy to think of it as just trying to get a buck out of the paying customer...and that's all. but all early generation cd's sound bad. we didn't know that when we bought them...as they were marketed as best sound ever that'll last forever.

I own hundreds , if not thousands of albums/tapes/cd's. i'll certainly not be buying all new ones. but the ones that mean the most to me...I will consider it. and if they throw in a few unreleased tracks...maybe an alternate version here and there...that might be all it takes, for me, to convince me if i'm on the fence.

i think the music fan wins in a case of remastered albums. its out there for those who want it. or for who want it again.
Last edited by chris on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 pm

I'll be getting it. I've only ever owned the vinyl version of WOA and, while I do own a nice turntable, I don't much listen to lps anymore (even though I have a boatload). Mr. H, you sound like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Are you ok? :-h
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Personally i don t think all early cd:s sound bad. Actually some of them sounds great to me. I haven t owned a turntable or any vinyl for the last 20 years. Somehow i regret selling some of my albums but I never missed the scratches of an LP. Of course , all the endless rereleases of the same stuff has to do with money. But the way i see it it s up to anyone whether one want s to spend money on it or not. Personally I spend money on some boxes and exclusive editions and actually I also make some money when selling some of the stuff. Even some of the cd collections are of some value nowadays My mainproblem with Maccas rereleases is the slow speed of gettin the stuff out.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:50 am

efghijiloveyou wrote:I'll be getting it. I've only ever owned the vinyl version of WOA :-h

Ditto...this set is the one I'm most excited about and I'm hoping we get the complete concert on DVD rather than the edited version released on VHS. :bounce
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:12 pm

oh, i've no problem with alt vers, outtakes, off album songs...c'mon, Big C..i luvs me sum Mac2, sum 'Yknow ma name' all sorts of oddities...heck, the more the merrier !!!

i just don't get having alot/all that really good stuff (song-wise) kept only on high price megapaks...stuffed to the gills and priced like it, too..!!!

gimme a stripped down, just the songs vers...WITH ALL THE SONGS... and don't charge me an arm 'n a leg for it: i bought all 'the cure' remasters at best buy with extra discs (more music !!) for about $20 ea...no frills, just musical chills...i don't want/need books, photos, vids...just music...and not at sky high prices

i'm perfectly fine w/all y'all who got the extra dineros to blow on them fancy duded-up gargantuan packages: there's no size envy here, nosireedeebob !!

but, as i've said afore...if ya want just the songs and don't have a $100 just' lyin' around w/nothin' to do...you're kinda left out of all/most of the musical goodies, right ??

..and, as i've mentioned (argued w/laz) so oft in the past..i'm kinda-sorta fine w/the sound of my old cds...sure, as the aforementioned laz pointed out, they coulda 'n shoulda been done better...that's not my point...i've already paid through the nose for lps, 8tracks, cassettes, cds...several different times...lotsa times

so, if i'm ever going to get all hepped over all this, i gotta point out that while it's mighty fine 'n peachy keen that there's a premium package level for those who want bells 'n whistles and smiley faces...there ought to be available an everyday-joe-i've already-bought-all-this-several-times-here's your reward-not overpriced version...

if i can walk into target, day-n-date and get a dave matthews band 2 cd/1 dvd for $10-15...or flogging molly...or chris botti...or taylor swift.. :oops: ...i mean...i ought to be able to get the same for macca... i could keep going on about this, but i'd be banging my head against a wall of shame...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions