Congratulations Paul -it was a grammy

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Congratulations Paul -it was a grammy

Postby mhnso » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 am

Grammys 2013: Sir Paul McCartney wins first new album award since Let It Be
Sir Paul McCartney won a Grammy award for Kisses on the Bottom – his 17th, and first for an album of newly recorded material since The Beatles' Let It Be in 1971 – hours before the BBC launched a day of programming commemorating the Fab Four.

Sir Paul McCartney won a Grammy for an album of new material for the first time since The Beatles's Let It Be in 1971 Photo: PA
By James Lachno3:06PM GMT 11 Feb 201329 Comments
Sir Paul McCartney won his first Grammy for an album of new material since his Beatles days at last night's awards ceremony.
The British singer picked up the award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Kisses on the Bottom, which was released last year.
Though the album mostly consists of covers of traditional pop songs and jazz standards, it is still the first album of freshly recorded material to win McCartney a Grammy since The Beatles won for Let It Be in 1971.
In the intervening 42 years, McCartney has won Grammy awards for individual songs, and for a reissue of the Wings album Band on the Run.
Last night's win took the 70-year-old's tally of Grammy awards to 17, placing him equal ninth on the overall list, alongside Beyoncé, Ray Charles and Eric Clapton.
Related Articles
Grammys 2013: Mumford & Sons steal America’s thunder 11 Feb 2013
Grammys 2013: full winners list 11 Feb 2013
Beatles recording session to be recreated by Graham Coxon, Joss Stone and more 31 Jan 2013
Paul McCartney, CD review 27 Jan 2012
Grammys 2013: success for Mumford & Sons, Adele and Gotye 11 Feb 2013
Grammys 2013: why America fell for Mumford & Sons 10 Feb 2013
The late Hungarian conductor Sir Georg Solti holds the record for the most Grammy wins with 31, followed by Quincy Jones and Alison Krauss, who have both won 27 awards.
Sir Paul's latest Grammy win came hours before BBC Radio 2 launched a special day of programming, called 12 Hours to Please Me, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the recording of The Beatles' first album, Please Please Me.
Mick Hucknall, Joss Stone and Blur guitarist Graham Coxon are among the musicians who are today performing tracks from Please Please Me at Abbey Road. Some performances are being broadcast live on Radio 2, and footage from the day will be shown as part of one-off programme The Beatles’ Please Please Me – Re-making A Classic on BBC Four this Friday.
Other winners at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards included Mumford and Sons, Adele and The Black Keys. Freeview channel 4 Music will show a 90-minute highlights package of the ceremony at 10pm this evening.
Follow Telegraph Music on Twitter
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Congratulations Paul -it was a grammy

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I thought this was his 16th and didn't he win a Grammy a few years or so back?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

calm down, simba...don't any more derailments :wink:

i think, g4, it means the first one he has recieved for an entire album...as opposed to winning for individual songs/efforts...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 pm

AH! Makes better sense now. Thanks. I am not promising any more derailments though.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 am

Yeah it was his first grammy for a new album with "new" material. I wouldn t call most of the songs on KOTB for new but anyway . a grammy is a grammy. And I like that album a lot son once again congratulations to you Macca and may yoy stay forever young
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 pm

FOREVER YOUNG. Sounds like a good title for a song. Yes, Congrats. Even though I don't care for KOTB, you did a good job and you deserve it.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm

It's nice to see that our kid finally has as many as...Beyonce. ~X(
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA - all discussions