why is Pauls reissueprogramme so sloooow

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: why is Pauls reissueprogramme so sloooow

Postby mr h atom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:22 pm

true that, G...

in 3 years...there'll be a whole new 'thing'...

i'd love to get worked up or worried about it all...but i figure i'll just float along happily

the idea of pursuing musical perfection is daunting and expensive

heck even with the stuff i love...if i can't get it on sale...i wait until it is
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm all for the advancement of listening pleasure, but heck, right now music sounds pretty good to me; better than ever in fact, in light of the remastering processes we've gotten from the Beatles, Macca, Lennon, Harrison...the list goes on. I really don't feel like I'm missing anything in the sound I'm getting right now.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks Guys, I thought I was the only out there happy with what I was listening to on what I was listening to it on. Thanks.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Awesoman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 am

Not really all that complicated folks. High-resolution audio has been around for over a decade now. A lot of albums that are released on DVD-Audio use this format. On the HDTracks website, you can download the albums (like MP3's) to your computer in several different formats (FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC). You can listen to sound samples and judge for yourself. While it's perfectly fine to stay within your comfort zone, there is nothing wrong with being a little open-minded either.

Here's the link to McCartney's albums: https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file ... il&id=9433
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm

oh...i'm open minded, awes...and when you WAV your FLAC at me like that...i get all goosepimply

ALAC, poor yorick...i knew him not
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Someone who really cares about sound is dear Neil Young read his wonderful biography for proof. He thinks most of todays sound destroys music. Maybe he is right problem is -most of the time one need a state of the art hifisystem to really tell the difference And of course -a good pair of ears. I as an example can tell the difference between the remastered version of Ram and the old one but..don t hear much difference between the remastered ordinary and the hi res version.
Does that make me an idiot? Maybe not.
And all this i b-t of the so called vinyl sound - of course a state of the art pressing on a expensive hifigrammophone makes for a pleasant listening experience But has everyone forgot about the scratches that makes a lot of the lp:s unlistenable after some spins. No it s the music that matters - good sound helps but it does t make bad music good. But good music can make me feel good even if the listening soundwise is bad.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Awes,

Not complicated for you but very complicated for me. I learned how to do things and those things only. I need to be walked through with me doing the walking and someone doing the talking before I can come to grips with new technology. I can find a good station on the OLD radios with the spin dial but the new radios with the "seek and you shall find" does not find those hard to find stations I used to get fine tuning that radio dial.

So technology is all well and good but I am computer retarded. No offense there.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:11 pm

I know what you mean, G4B, about fine tuning a radio. I like to listen to am stations (mostly for sports, talk) and some of these car radios only have seek buttons, which are designed to find only the stations with the best signal. The ones that are somewhat weak (which is ok by me, if all I'm listening to is sports or talk) get passed right on by and you can't "fine tune" them like the ones with the dial.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Harrythebannister » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 am

I have one or two Hi res Beatle albums needledropped from vinyl at 24/96 on DVD audio and to be honest....I can't hear much difference.
Maybe I'm getting old..too much wax etc!! :-? :lol:
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Yeah, there was a good rock station somewhere around Martinsburg, VA on the way to Breezewood, PA and I could fine tune that radio to where I could get that station for just ONE song but the song was rocking and I have no idea who by. But then those seek tuner came out and no more radio from Martinsburg, VA. I really miss those radio tuners cause I could play that and get anywhere. . . . .almost.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions