Movie of the Moment

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Movie of the Moment

Postby chris » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm

i had a chance to see ted recently. it was crude. and occasionally obsene. and more than a handful of times in poor taste. but it made me laugh out loud...often. and most movies don't make me do that much any more.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:46 am

I finally got around to seeing The Hobbit...I liked it quite a bit; just like an old comfortable shirt really. I love the world Peter Jackson has created (I know, Tolkien really created it, but I never imagined those books as well as the movies have portrayed them). I saw the 3D version, which was alright (not my choice, not a big 3D fan) but the previews were very cool in 3D I must admit, especially the new Oz movie- the 3D really popped on that. Also, Star Trek: Into Darkness was a ten minute preview and I thought it looked pretty cool.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Django Unchained was fantastic – only criticism is that it was a little close to Inglourious Bastards in plotting and style. Christoph Waltz has such good timing - I could happily watch him in every movie.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 pm

i'll agree about it being close in form to bastereds inglorious. but this guy makes the movies that are most fun to watch for me. so violent...but so funny. the ku lux scene is the most i've laughed in a theater in 20 years. he's great at making you laugh during scenes you should be cringing at.

and i'll agree about waltz. he is fantastic. in fact, now a bonafide star. i thought dicaprio was amazing too.

now you can go get the marshal...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Movies & TV