why is Pauls reissueprogramme so sloooow

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

why is Pauls reissueprogramme so sloooow

Postby mhnso » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 am

Must say that Pauls reissueprogramme works on an amazingly slow speed -not any Wings at the speed of sound there. Four rereleases in two years makes me think that I will be very old when all the stuff is released. Great as they are - ecspecially the deluxe editions(pricey to) I think it takes to much time. As an example how things could be done I mention Johnny Cash new complete columbia albums box. That box which I just purchased contains 61(!) original albums in one box. So you get pretty much everything with originalsleeves and all for the price of two Paul deluxe editions. Of course no extra material but still - you don t have to spread the rereleases for ten years or something.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Re: why is Pauls reissueprogramme so sloooow

Postby gjh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am

i agree
all marketing strategies i would assume
why saturate the market when you can spread it out..
i find the pricing somewhat ridiculous as well
gjh

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Well, as for me I'm grateful the remasters releases are taking this long. Why? Last year I spend a lot of money: I attended four shows here in my country (Elton John, Roger Waters, Keane and, of course, SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY!) and I'm not as wealthy as many of you guys. I just own two remasters: McCartney and Ram, I haven't bought McCartney II and Band on the run yet, the same goes for the deluxe edition of Magical mistery tour and the Live kisses so....they can continue this way until my wallet can support all this.
Last edited by eggman1979 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby cd1500rpm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:08 pm

All I can think of is maybe the proper remastering of each song & video takes a long time.

How many hours should it take to remaster a 4 minute song (ie: Jet)? I assume the more tracks used up for a song the longer it would take to remaster. Can someone with knowledge on the remastering process chime in?
cd1500rpm

Postby Greg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 pm

I thought it was just me being impatient, glad to know others are waiting as well. So, what's up with Wings at the Speed of Sound and Wings Over America? It would be nice to have an update. :?
Greg

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 am

maybe he's too busy finishing off the new double lp due in early spring of this year.... :YMPRAY:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby bravefan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 am

Is it a double or are you just optimistic? A website showed all the major artists releasing new CD's in 2013 and guess who was not mentioned. I just hope it's true and in the spring.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm

you know, i can't think of why he'd release these so slowly either. it doesn't make sense as a marketing ploy. the majority of buyers would be repeat buyers, as opposed to new ones. he could offer them in a box set, or individually, like the beatle box set. and those who couldn't afford to, or chose not to, buy all at once could do so at their own pace.

and pssshht on the double album... rumor on the street is it's a triple album :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13 pm

:-D i'm up for a musical hat trick !!

oh, brave one...like so many aspects of my life...i always fly on two parts optimism...and one part total BS :bounce
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 am

I so get that. I was hoping you had read some info on the matter. I will remain optimistic then.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions