Movie of the Moment

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Movie of the Moment

Postby chris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 pm

i liked shutter island. but i sort of predicted the surprise.

prometheus. this had so much build up. reviews were very good. reviews were...wrong.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 pm

oliver stone's savages was exactly that. don't know where he's been but this is a good one. maybe real good. benicio del toro in another great performance.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Am I the only one over here who's dying to see The Hobbit (an unnespected journey)?
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 pm

There's at least one other person here who's is pumped for The Hobbit...me! I'm eager also to hear the music, as I loved much of the music in Lord of the Rings.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm

its funny. i was never...still am not... a sci-fi geek. having said that...i was a monster LOTR freak. i knew all about all of the side stories, villains, minute little details that any star wars dork would have been proud of. now, i remember this hobbit cartoon when i was a kid that my dad used to like (he was/is a big sci-fi geek. it was because of him i ended up reading the LOTR series). i hated that hobbit cartoon. it was just so cheesily drawn...

but you get a guy like peter jackson to direct...and i am in. can't wait. may even take my kids to see it at the theater
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:28 pm

It looks like a good time, Chris. One thing, though- what we're talking about here is fantasy, which is quite a bit different from sci-fi (technically, Star Wars would be considered fantasy as it's got a lot of fantastical elements such as the force). I'm just picking nits, though. :wink:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 pm

You know ef, you're right. And I should know better..I have buddy of mine who IS a sci-fi guy and he never hesitates to correct me when I wrongly label LOTR as sci-fi. (not to split hairs here chris but that's more of a fantasy picture)

And it does look like a good one, doesn't it?
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:37 am

i'm looking forward to it because i like little people hitting each other ! :-D

that...and the massively wonderful 9 minute long STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS preview that'll be with the imax version \:d/
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mr h atom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 pm

so...i watched 'the dark kight rises' on christmas day (blu ray) ....

...quit frankly, i thought it was way overlong and more than a bit boring...overwritten, but under-thought-out...i didn't find the villain slightly interesting, wasn't surprised by and could've cared less about the 'surprise twist' about the villain...and i could've really cared less about any of the new characters...

...and the ending ?? ...i guess it is a set-up for the next movie ????

nah !! can't say i'm slightly intrigued...i think, after that, i might just rather have a root canal...

if i were to try and think of one word to describe the whole thing...it would be pretentious...the whole thing never grabbed my attention...and i did not feel that way about either of the other two nolan-directed batman films...but this one ???

completely blown opportunity...glad i didn't spend any $$ on it...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 am

Just saw "Jack Reacher" and yes I liked it. Nothing artsy about it but it kept my interest. Took my son. "it's gonna be a great day", and it was.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV