Macca with Nirvana- sooo great

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Macca with Nirvana- sooo great

Postby mhnso » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 am

Just watched Pauls performance with Nirvana last night at Madison square garden Look for it don t have à link. A new song and the best most hardrockin performance Paul has delivered in many years If this is a Hint of Pauls next album wow The voice is back in Helter skelter form Thanks Paul for this performance Thanks to Nirvana as well
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Macca with Nirvana- sooo great

Postby mr h atom » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:48 pm

HOLEYEFFINPOOH !!!!!

you can find it at 'paul mccartney nirvana' on the YT

if someone doesn't load 'er up around here soon...

that...was impressive

cut you some slack ?????

oh no !!!

^:)^
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby cd1500rpm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:52 pm

mr h atom wrote:you can find it at 'paul mccartney nirvana' on the YT
if someone doesn't load 'er up around here soon...

As of now this link is working but the video quality isn't the greatest & the sound is really low:

Here's the link to the post concert interview which gives the song background:
cd1500rpm

Postby mhnso » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm

I have to say it again that was a great performance Pauls guitar is so great , his voice back in monkberry moon delightform and wonderful to see Grohl Beijing the drumd. Lets hope this is à sign of the next album
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:32 pm

It was OK, nothing special and then again it was great. Can´t decide. But nice to see Paul rock ^:)^
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 pm

I really enjoyed that; hopefully a sign of the music to come in 2013.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 pm

i thought this was great. i've always loved nirvana. and i love grohl and the foos. never thought this would happen. never considered that it could. and i will state, in my most humblest...that it was a great live rock moment. i'm not sure that is song will go down in rock history, or anything close to that. but as far as live, as-it-happens, in-the-moment-right-there-on-the-stage thingies...it was awesome.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:45 am

all sort of tingly good !

the anticipation for the studio version is somewhat maddening...this live one was muy cool...imagine them taking a few takes to get it right...

eddie...you're just sad that he didn't pull out the grunge and sing with vedder...admit it...c'mon...you know i'm right :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Awesoman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I thought McCartney's performance, and the entire concert itself, was a mixed bag. Kind of an odd song selection for him to perform. Paul always seems to manage missing the point of these benefit concerts by playing the wrong material (during the Concert For New York he spent half his setlist plugging his then-new album, Driving Rain). "Ninteen-Hundred & Eighty-Five", while a fine album cut, is not exactly a song I'd bring out for a benefit concert like this. And "My Valentine"?! Really, Paul?

Fortunately, things picked up during the second half of his performance when he brought out "Blackbird". Then came the oddest collaboration of the night: Paul fronting Nirvana! I'm really not sure how I felt about this jam session; McCartney is really the *last* person I'd expect to replace Kurt Cobain. I'm just glad they didn't attempt to perform "Lithium" or something. If anything, this performance managed to losen Paul's voice up as he sounded really good during "I've Got A Feeling". "Live & Let Die", yet another fairly odd choice for this particular concert, at least managed to literally light up the venue...only for the momentum to come crashing to a halt when Alicia Keys closed the evening. I was really hoping a lot of the performers of the evening would get together to send the whole thing home.

Overall it was a rather strange concert. Kind of hard to watch all my music heroes get old. Clapton's still got it but the Who, whom kicked a lot of ass during Concert For New York, were sluggish and wobbly this time around. And the Rolling Stones...they played a B-grade tune like "You've Got Me Rocking" in favor of the most obvious choice of song, "Gimme Shelter"????? ...the hell?
Awesoman

Postby efghijiloveyou » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Just curious, Awesoman...what do you think Paul should have played?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions