Replace The Tribute Songs

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Replace The Tribute Songs

Postby blmeanie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Paul should go back to doing ADITL as a tribute to John.
blmeanie

Postby flextint » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm

For George it would be nice to hear Paul sing while my guitar gently weeps.And for John maybe a song he never got to sing live like "Starting Over''.Would be fun to hear.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 am

love the idea of 'WMGGW'...especially if he did it w/acoustic...especially with the way his voice has gotten kinda...gravely at times

hmmm...johns 'SO'.???

wouldn't it be nice if paul had one of those stories of life at that time wherein he could illuminate just how john and he were feeling/getting along that would lead nicely into a bit wherein he could say something like he wished he and john had really had a chance to do exactly that: start over...then launch into that song

'watching the wheels' would be quite a nice tribute, too

it's been said, i think (and i could be wrong...don't sue me) that john was impressed with some of the stuff paul had been up to and was, thusly, feeling the itch to get creative...leading into the DF sessions...

paul singing a tune off that album...possibly lennons most mccartneyesque effort...would just seem so...right

good picks, all...even g4's moldy oldies :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 am

I believe John had been hearing the song "Coming Up" a lot around that time and said he couldn't get it out of his head. Me neither. :smile:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 pm

H,

I happen to like those songs. I think Paul could do a good job. We ARE talking about songs never sung in tribute to band mates, right? So?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 pm

my-oh-my...how some things never change. been a while for me here at this site. but here i am, and look...agreeing the the esteemed mr h, just like the old days. watching the wheels would be perfect.

i am sort of fond of the tribute songs. they may not be necessary. a paul concert is pretty emotional. and he doesn't have to go to that emotional well by playing the tribute songs. but i like the ackowledgment of his former band mates. it's nice.

nice ideas...all of you
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:19 am

:salute

i was just reading your mind, big c

kinda scary in there, actually.... :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby blmeanie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 pm

I've given it some more thought, Watching the Wheels would indeed be cool/appropriate/great choice. I agree with you fellas
blmeanie

Postby chris » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 pm

you know, it's odd, actually. i never...ever consider john's final songs (specifically from double fantasy) as part of his solo career. i know they are part of his legitimate career. but they're more of an afterthought for me. and that's not fair. there are some great songs from this period. watching the wheels, woman, (just like) starting over, beautiful boy...are all songs worthy of being tribute songs to a great artist. mr h once again opened my eyes to the obvious.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Correct if I'm wrong but it was Tribute songs of George and John's, right? Seems to me people were talking about songs from their solo careers. I mentioned a couple of songs from their days with the Beatles. Okay. So are these tribute songs from their long musicial careers or from their solo careers only? I'm baffled.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions