::The Beatles ( White Album)

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Re: ::The Beatles ( White Album)

Postby bravefan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:48 am

Wow! After that rolling Stone review i just had to pull out the CD and give it a whirl. It made me remember how much I love the song I Will. Amazing song and Paul in superb form crafting what he does best.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 am

:-D everything about the songwriting by all is inventively surprising...

it's like they opened up the doors to a vast, dark room and said...let's light this mother up !

there simply is no slacking anywhere...and it just has always seemed so effortless to me...like everything led up that moment where, despite what we all now believe was going on, they just went about like a group of friends playfully, slyly, artistically topping each other

all while at each others throats ?!?!!

amazing !!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby jimsgotweb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:23 pm

I'd have to say that the White album is one of my all time favorite Beatles albums.
So many great songs, and such a wide variety. From Back in the USSR to Good Night and everything in between, sheer genius!
JIm
Visit my Beatles Blog Carnival at http://beatlesblogcarnival.com Be one of the first 25 to subscribe this month and receive an authentic Beatles memorabilia item.
jimsgotweb

Postby mr h atom » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 pm

jimsgottastetoo :-D
mr h atom

Postby EddieV » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 pm

bravefan wrote:Wow! After that rolling Stone review i just had to pull out the CD and give it a whirl. It made me remember how much I love the song I Will. Amazing song and Paul in superb form crafting what he does best.

Imagine Paul for once changed I Will it to piano. So many songs could be great in other arrangements
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:25 pm

this album shows paul's range as a writer and a singer. there are plenty of songs he could do live from this album. and the album as a whole? it's all over the place. and it's a mess. and that makes it utterly, fantastically, weirdly awesome. it couldn't be more different from abbey road or sgt pepper. and i'd have it no other way.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby beatlesfansunite » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:14 am

Three days after its UK release, The Beatles' self-titled double album, commonly known as the White Album, was issued in the United States.

The Beatles (White Album) - The Beatles
It debuted at number 11 in the charts, climbed to number two, then finally reached number one in its third week of release. The delay may have been caused by the slightly higher price for a double album, which could have prevented many young fans from affording it.

Nonetheless, the White Album became a huge commercial success for The Beatles. It spent 155 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart, and eventually became the group's best-selling album according to the Recording Industry Association of America. The album has been certified 19-times platinum and is the 10th best-selling album of all time in the United States.

Unlike in the United Kingdom, the US version of the White Album was issued only in stereo. The catalog number was Apple SWBO-101.

After just one month on sale the White Album had sold more than four million copies worldwide, and by the end of 1970 global sales were around 6.5 million. Until the release of the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack it was the best-selling double album of all time. :salute
Read more about the Beatles here at Beatles Fans Unite. Join for free and vote for your favorite Beatles.
beatlesfansunite

Postby mr h atom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 am

even more interesting info...thanks, again, BeatlePressAgent ! :YMHUG:
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Yeah, and don't let the door hit you on the way out...to, uh, to get more info for Mr. H. :mrgreen:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby stuart7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:12 pm

I have a few criticisms of the White Album:

1. Wild Honey Pie is totally unnecessary
2. Yer Blues -- I much preferred John's live version with Eric Clapton
3. Long Long Long is too quiet
4. Revolution 9 isn't really music
5. Goodnight sounds like Phil Spector got to it

Other than that, the White Album is great