McCartney says skip the turkey on Thanksgiving

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Re: McCartney says skip the turkey on Thanksgiving

Postby mr h atom » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 am

:-??

turduwha...?!?!??

in protest...i shall not eat tofurkey !!

...and...i won't go to walmart...target...kmart...or any other store tomorrow !!

over the river and thru the woods to grammas...then back home...full o' the real deal, methinks

heck...since macca won't put on a concert in my backyard...i don't need to go veggie...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby eggman1979 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Going vegetarian? Naaaahh I'm gonna pass on this one, I can't live without meat. Paul (and everyone) is free to decide what to eat and not to, but maybe this controversy is about the way this campaign seems to send its message, as if everyone who eats meat is wrong. I don't need to remind you that meat was a FUNDAMENTAL part in the process of evolution of our species.

Although here in Mexico we don't celebrate this day, congratulations to all of you who do! (sorry if my english is not quite correct).
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Awesoman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:46 am

eggman1979 wrote:Going vegetarian? Naaaahh I'm gonna pass on this one, I can't live without meat. Paul (and everyone) is free to decide what to eat and not to, but maybe this controversy is about the way this campaign seems to send its message, as if everyone who eats meat is wrong. I don't need to remind you that meat was a FUNDAMENTAL part in the process of evolution of our species.

Nicely put, Eggman. I agree completely with you. \M/
Awesoman

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Nicely put everyone. I am Vegetarian but only because my body can't seem to process the real deal. I also have nothing against meat eaters. Everyone has their preferences and as much as I LOVE Paul, I don't think anyone has the right to tell anyone what they should or should not be eating. That, to me, is like telling me I have to be a certain religion or I will go to a very unhappy place when I die. BUNK!

You meat eaters keep eating meat and I will still communicate with you and not think bad about you and no H, I will not enact any torture techniques that I have learned over the years just because someone eats meat. But on the other hand, I don't think anyone should scoff at us Vegetarians either. We all eat what we like and what we feel like eating.

You all have a very lovely holiday season.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby savillerowdie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Well, I suppose, for Macca's sake, I could've had roast beef for Thanksgiving this year and then have the turkey at Christmas, but it just would've felt too odd. :o
Love ya as an amazing musician and a superbly splendid human being, Paul, but I must decline your dietary or political advice. Happy Thanksgiving to all, however you choose to celebrate it.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:10 am

me, g4 ? i would not scoff at anyone ! ever !!

now...taunt, maybe... :wink:

cajole...once in awhile...rib, even...specially with barbeque sauce grilled over an open flame...

oops, sorry :salute
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby lobbybobby » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:19 am

I should have listened to Macca!!! I gained 3 pounds ~X(
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby edrebber » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:17 am

If you don't eat the right veggies, then you run the risk of not getting enough protein. McCartney should have given suggestions of high protein veggies to substitute for Turkey.
edrebber

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:19 pm

ed,

Maybe he should have. I eat eggs or soy protein. Yes I eat eggs, drink milk, eat ice cream, butter and such. I am Vegetarian but not Vegan and those items came from animals and are NOT animals in my opinion. There are some veggies, like broccoli, that contain protein. Others I don't remember.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media